twenty-one.

fear

fear

~~~~~

Her attention was dissipating faster than usual. Every word that was spoken went in one ear and without registering in her head, went out the other. Her fingers rapidly drummed a pattern against her thigh as they waited for Sam to talk to Karli.

She was all on board for the idea of reasoning with the girl, but with the text from Rebekah, all Elliot had been wanting to do was head back to the little town of Mystic Falls. Sure, her new friend was a thousand years old, but at heart, Rebekah was just a teenage girl that had to grow up too fast. And because of that, Elliot made trying to let the girl have a normal human life one of her priorities. With her being out of town, trying to help her brother, that had sadly not been the case.

Her thoughts were sadly interrupted when she heard John speak.

"Uh, no. No, no, no." John said, walking forwards. "This is a bad idea."

Bucky sighed, "It hasn't even been ten minutes yet, John. Just sit tight."

"Don't do that. Don't patronize me!" John snapped, ignoring his friend, who was trying to reign him in.

"Sam knows what he is doing." Elliot spoke as her fingers anxiously tapped against her thigh. "Plus, if we go in there, then we are just going to get them killed."

John ignored her, per usual. "I'm goin' in." He stated before he turned to Elliot, seemingly not ignoring her for once. "This is all really easy for you, isn't it? All that serum running through your veins. Executioner, Barnes, your partner needs back up." He paused, "Do you really want his blood on your hands?"

Elliot quickly lost it.

She slammed John into a nearby surface. Her forearm pressed firmly against his throat, anger swirling like burning fury in her eyes. "Neither of us chose to take the serum. Bucky didn't ask to be taken by Hydra and I sure as hell didn't ask for it either! And I don't know what your problem is, but I am not the name that Hydra gave me, I am my own person, so how about you get your head out of your star spangled ass and figure your masculinity issues out?

When Elliot let go of John and watched him wheeze slightly from the pressure that she had applied, she noticed the looks she was getting from the others in the room. Ones of either concern or of fear. She then quickly rushed out of the place, not looking behind.

~~~~~