28| Wakanda

When we arrived, T'Challa was indeed waiting for us. He and his sister were smiling when they saw us leave the plane, and I made my way to them to expose my gratitude.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." I gave the man my hand. "For letting me come here."

"Formalities isn't necessary, Lori." T'Challa told me as he shook my hand. "Shuri and I loved the pictures you made, and we love to have you here."

The whole group followed the King to the palace, where we would be told where we can stay.

Shuri walked up to me and I placed an arm around her shoulders. "I have so much to show you. I made something for you." She said.

"Can't wait to see it." I smiled at her.

Thirty minutes later

"So," I turned to Sam, "digging the tents?"

The man chuckled as he sat down on the bed. "It's definitely different." He said. "But I can get used to waking up with goats screaming."

I laughed and looked out of our tent. The sun was still high on the horizon, but that didn't matter. It was beautiful out here, and I know for a fact I would never be here if I had a job to do.

I took out my new camera—Shuri made it so the visuals would be more sharp—and captured the view out of the tent. In the distance, I could see more tents, and a few children playing with the animals or picking flowers.

Sam and I weren't the only ones with tents. Bucky got one for himself. He already had one when he spent a few years here. He also has some goats of his own.

Steve, Natasha, Wanda and Vision had taken a tent, too. Separately, of course. Steve's and Nat's were next to each other, while Wanda and Vision shared one at the other end of the field.

"Good pictures?" Sam asked me as he walked over and hugged me from behind.

I leaned back against him. "Wanna see?"

The man nodded with his head and I went through every picture I made today. Most were from the fields and tents. Some were from the people and how they did their jobs.

"They're wonderful, Lori." Sam complimented and brushed my hair aside so he could kiss my neck. "You should make it a job of some sorts."

I snorted and held up my camera again. I turned it around so the lens was facing us and clicked the button that made the photo.

I turned the device around again and smiled as I looked at the picture taken. "This one will go on my fridge."

Sam laughed. "It would stand out amongst the finger paintings."

I laughed even more at it and turned around to place my arms around his neck. "It will if there would be any finger paintings."

"Who knows. It can happen anytime."