eleven

It was the day of Midsummers

As much as Iris hated it, she also enjoyed it. Dancing, drinking and having fun with friends and family, yeah that was her kind of thing. Especially since it would also keep her distracted from the never ending thought of doing cocaine invading her mind. The only thing she disliked was how Kooky it was.

She and Rafe were going together, just like any other year. And apparently, even though Top and Sarah were done, Ward still needed them to show up together. It was to protect his image or whatever. Iris thought it was pathetic.

Fixing her flower crown that had pink roses all around it, she looked at her outfit once more in the mirror. Her brown hair was curled, ever so slightly, and it fell down past her chest. She wore an off-white dress that was low cut and had a slit going up to her mid-thigh, and to top it off, she had gold sparkly heels that gave her extra height. Not that she would be any taller in comparison to Rafe, who stood at a towering 6'4, while she was a mere 5'5.

And as she walked down the stairs, her parents smiled up at her, while Rafe's jaw dropped.

"Oh, you look beautiful!" Lily complimented her daughter.

"My prettiest princess." Rich smiled at her.

Lily was wearing a gold strapless dress with a gold flower crown, topped off with white roses. And Rich, well, he was wearing a suit with a gold tie. Basic.

Rafe was wearing blue, because originally, she was supposed to have a blue dress, but, it wasn't taken in in time, so she had to go with the off-white colour, which looked better in her opinion. His hair was gelled back, as usual, but it was a bit classier than he normally wore it.

"Hi beautiful." Rafe said, planting a kiss on her cheek, "You look so good."

"Thank you." Iris smiled at him, "So do you."

"We should go meet the rest of your family, Rafe." Rich spoke up as they collected their things.

"Hopefully they're ready, Sarah sometimes takes forever."

Lily laughed, "As she should."

After what felt like nonstop exchanges of how pretty or handsome everyone looked, the Camerons and the Campbell's finally arrived at the event, walking in together, just like every other year.

Iris, Sarah and Wheezie were all dancing together when Tatum showed up and joined them. Rafe and Topper were having drinks outside with Kelce and their parents were all seemingly dancing and enjoying their night.

Iris managed to get Rafe to dance with her. He usually did. They swayed in sync to the music and enjoyed spinning her around and holding her in his arms. But mainly, it was nice to show her off. And it just felt so normal. Everything felt normal.

It reminded her of when they first got together a few Midsummer's ago...

As Sarah and Iris were dancing together, she swore she saw a blonde-haired Pogue dancing next to them. The girls stopped dancing together when he tapped Sarah's shoulder, confirming Iris' suspicions.