29| Watercolors

Sam and I were walking over the field where the tents were as the sun was lowering. It painted the water a nice pastel and I smiled at the sight.

"Wakanda is beautiful." I said.

"It is." Sam nodded and let go of me so I could take a photo of the water.

"Look at the watercolors!" I said excited, and showed the man my camera. "The light looks so beautiful."

"Picture this!" I heard a voice shout, and turned around to see Bucky with three goats. Two were on top of him, while the last one licked his face.

I started laughing as I made my way closer and started shooting. The goats seemed to pose every time I changed my angle, and that made me laugh even more.

"They're real posers." Sam said with a laugh. "You got yourself trapped there, Barnes."

"I have you know, Wilson, that I don't mind these animals." Bucky replied. "They brighten up the day."

"That they do." I agreed as one made it's way to me. I patted their head and knelt on the ground. I gave Sam my camera so I had both hands free.

The goat I was patting fell over, and I laughed as it looked at me with a funny face. I started to rub the animal's belly, and they jumped back up.

"Yeah, she doesn't like that." Bucky told me. "Akala, be nice to her."

"Her name's Akala?" I asked. "That's beautiful." I heard a click from my camera and turned around. "Samuel Wilson!"

"What? I see something pretty, I make a picture." He shrugged. "And in this case, that's you."

I felt my cheeks heat up and turned back to the goat, who was starting to skip away. I chuckled as she tripped over her legs, and helped the poor thing back up. "There you go, little one. Go play with the others."

The goat ran back to where Bucky was and climbed on his lap. "Hey!" The man shouted, but he laughed quickly after.

"I've never seen him this happy before." Sam told me as he helped me stand up. "He always looks ready to kill when I'm around."

"Maybe that has to do with you." I shrugged. "You two do like to get in each other's hair."

Sam took my hand and we walked on. "Maybe. But it lives up the place."

"That it does." I agreed. "Come on, I'm hungry. Let's see what is left of dinner."