21

"Sire, the trading for Malware—"

"The Podebrat duchess from the Kingdom of Vasilios—"

Despite not fearing the backlash of doing his own devices, the current Emperor of the Empire of Obelia would make sure to do his tasks and responsibilities. But right now, he would rather do anything but that.

Claude resisted the urge to make heads fly within the council room. He knew that if he made another mess, Felix would be nagging him for the rest of the month.

No, he need not an additional source of a headache.

Indifferently staring at the men that had consisted of his council, his mind wandered despite the fact that today's meeting was supposed to be important. Repressing the urge to sigh, he leaned his chin on his propped up fist, disregarding the fact that the nobles nearest to him had violently flinched.

The Emperor would like to be anywhere but here at that moment. But of course, missing twelve council meetings in a row would be damaging to his empire. And yet, despite being physically present, his mind would often wander.

Specifically, to the two children that were left in his room— one unconscious, another awaiting for the prior's conscience to be aroused. The two children that were the source of his conflicting thoughts and emotions.

"Sire, what are your thoughts about this trading procedure?"

'Ah right. The meeting.'  He drily thought. Opening his mouth, he was ready to reply when another sound broke through— rendering the entire room into a confused silence.

"Papa!"

Except for Claude, who was already moving at the first cry.

"Papa, come out!"

"Your Highness prince Adrastos, I beseech you, you mustn't! His Excellency is in an important council meeting—"

"I DON'T CARE!"

The Emperor frowned at the amount of emotions expressed by the usual quiet boy.

Ignoring the confused looks of the people within the chamber, the Emperor of Obelia strode with purpose-filled steps towards the only physical barrier between him and his son. Flicking his wrist, he ignored the gasps and yelps of surprise as the doors slammed open with a resounding thud.

Glowering a heavy look towards the palace guards, he narrowed his eyes when he noticed the tear streaks falling down his son's cheeks. "Felix"

"As you command, sire" there was only emptiness within the voice of his personal guard, it was obvious that even the knight was livid that the prince was crying.

"See to it that I do not see this guard any more"

"I- I beg for your mercy, sire—!"

"Papa!"