20

Y/N POV

"I had a really nice time tonight." Taylor said from the passenger seat as I drove us back to her- well I guess our place, since I was staying with her for the foreseeable future.

I smiled and glanced over at her, making sure to keep my focus on the road. "Me too. I can't believe I've never been to that restaurant before; it was so good."

"One of my all time favorites." She agreed.

We drove in silence for a little bit, my attention on driving and hers out the window, watching the city pass us by in blurred streaks of light. 

"What do we do about the team? And your friends. I mean I know it's a little soon to ask, but I bet they'll have questions, or at the very least, suspect something, since...you know...I live with you and they know how we feel about one another. I'm not saying we have to tell them anything, I was just wondering what your thoughts are."

Taylor took a long breath. "I don't know. I haven't really thought about it. Honestly, I feel like we can just sort of play it by ear, you know? Like, don't go out of our way to tell them, but also don't hide it either, if that makes sense."

I nodded. "Okay, I like that. What about the public? I'm assuming it's only a matter of time before pictures of us go viral or whatever, not that they haven't been, but you know what I mean."

At this question, my date seemed to be much more meticulous with her thoughts. "This one is definitely trickier. I've had my fair share of horrible experiences with public relationships. Usually being too quick to go public tends to sabotage them, but I'm not against the idea. I think we should wait, though."

"I agree; focus on each other right now before worrying about other people."

"Yeah."

"I don't know if I've told you this yet, but you look really fucking sexy in that dress." I said, allowing myself a quick look at the garment in question, which was a gorgeous red that matched her lipstick. It was low cut and short, displaying her supple breasts and deliciously tanned legs.

"That might be the tenth time you've told me in the last hour." She laughed, head resting on her elbow, which was propped up on the windowsill.

I rose my shoulders in a shrug. "Well it's true. I mean, you make everything look hot, but damn."

I looked over at her again to see her studying me with slightly raised eyebrows and her lips parted in a smirk, one of her long, perfectly manicured nails between her teeth.

Needless to say, I was the luckiest person on earth. 

"You don't look too bad yourself." She spoke, giving me a wink that sent a shiver up my spine.

The outfit I was wearing wasn't quite as dazzling as hers, but I thought it fit the occasion. I was wearing simple black dress slacks, shoes, and a white button up dress shirt with the top few buttons undone.

Around my neck was my usual silver chain along with another necklace, and I had a few rings on my fingers. My sleeves had been rolled up to show my tattoos.

"You have that hot, mysterious, bad boy thing happening, and you know a girl likes bad boys."

I chuckled, turning onto her street. "Is that so?"

"You want me to show you?"

My eyes widened. I gulped. 

Next to me, Taylor laughed. "I'll take that as a yes? Not tonight of course, I have to keep the people wanting. We can enjoy sleeping across the hall from one another, wondering what the other person is doing..."

The way she said that combined with the sudden charge of tension in the car had me gripping the steering wheel extra tight as I pulled into her driveway.

"I didn't realize you were into denial." I somehow managed to say, trying to regain some kind of control, though Taylor's smug demeanor was making it way too difficult.

"There's a lot you don't know about me yet, Lacari. Give it time and I'm sure you'll know everything."

For someone who usually seemed so innocent, at least in the public eye, Taylor was definitely surprising me with how dirty she was.

"Is that a challenge?" I asked.

"Maybe. Maybe not." She replied, unbuckling her seat belt once the car came to a stop.

We both got out of the car and I locked it before holding out my hand. "Shall we?"

Together, we walked up the short path to her front door, the landscaping lights illuminating the perfectly mowed lawn and bright red roses that lined it. 

I unlocked the door and held it open for her, letting her walk in first. Once we were both inside, I closed the door behind us then locked it, handing her the keys.

"Remind me to make you a copy of the house key." She said, setting her keys in the bowl on the table next to the door.

"Darling, I have severe ADHD, I won't remember that in like thirty seconds." I laughed.

"Right, forgot about that. I think Alex mentioned something like that to me. I'll remember, don't worry."

I helped Taylor feed the cats, and then we walked upstairs to our bedrooms. I wasn't really sure what the plan was, but I assumed since it was only the first day, and because of what Taylor had said earlier, that we would be sleeping in our own rooms. I was a little disappointed, but knew it was for the best. 

If I wanted a real, solid, lasting relationship with her, starting out by sleeping together wouldn't be the wisest choice, especially since we were already living together.

So, just as I would've done if I were dropping Taylor off at her house after our date, I stopped at her door and smiled.

"Thank you for tonight, Tay. I had a lot of fun."

She sent me her own smile and face me. "Me too. Thanks for taking me out. I haven't been on a real date in a while, and this was the best one I've been on." Then, she leaned forward and pressed a sweet kiss to my lips, pulling away with a sparkle in her eye.

"Good night, Y/n."

"Night." I said, stomach dancing with butterflies just as it always did when I was with her.

I turned to go, but stopped in my doorway when she spoke.

"I meant what I said, by the way."

"About what?" I asked, confused as I turned to face her.

Taylor smirked.

"When I told you, I don't want you like a best friend."