Chapter One: Emphasis on Struggled.

Those of +13 are asked to not interact as the content in this book will consist of heavy topics such as murder, violence, religious trauma, extreme emotion, gruesome crime, suggestive themes, etc.

(This book is heavily lengthy, so if you want a good way to burn time, this book is suggested).

Viewer Discretion is advised.

"Have mercy for the ways things have started, as I believe it wishes to continue observing the suffering of us innocent cookies."

Pastry had sat on her knees in silence as she held both of her hands together in front of her as she closed her eyes. The creaks from the sad old lavender floors echoed through the room as Pastry shifted to a more comfortable position whilst kneeling down. The warmth of the mauve colored fire danced. The candles with white wax had melted slightly on the floor as Pastry took a moment of silence to concentrate.

The only way for Pastry to ever really escape from what this... wasteland had become, was to kneel down and light candles as she would recite prayers and talk to herself as she felt the negative emotions lift from her heart. The world was going through a depression after all, praying was something that had helped Pastry to not be negative.

She wouldn't be happy, but at least she didn't have to worry about her mental health. There were many issues she had dealt with, whether it be the past or today. Pastry opened her eyes and stood up as she took her hands out of the hold and put them to her side as she looked down at the white wax melting on the floor.

Pastry huffed, irritated as her floors she had just cleaned were just stained with wax.

"Looks like I'll have to clean up again," Pastry complained. "Then again, better than being out on the streets with murderers roaming around."

Pastry went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife and some ice cubes from her ice cube bag, and went back to the living room and kneeled once more and started to place the ice cubes onto the wax to harden the wax so that way Pastry could scrape it off very minimally.

Pastry always couldn't help but remember the old kingdom she had once lived in, so filled with life and joy.

The way the grass was always a rich bright green, a greeting color that represented balance, and youthfulness. The flowers would be of many different species, from daisies to poppies and more exotic flowers, and bloom no matter the season. The people were so happy, joyful, and filled with dreams. Even children who couldn't make a difference in the world had so much more imagination, bringing joy to the kingdom.

How could they have accepted such a deal? Did the administrators, political figures, anyone? Did anyone even dare to speak up about how horrible of an idea it was to actually let criminals roam free? What were they thinking?

They even put the children who had founded the kingdom in danger. They even put the high authorities in danger, this is nothing but a town that's slowly forming into the Great Depression. Save one bullet for yourself was something Pastry was not willing to comply with, but may have been a possible plan if things in the city got too... "intense to handle."

Pastry scraped the floor until the wax had been mostly gone, she sighed of exhaustion as she heard someone come down the stairs quietly, yet the creaking of the stairs alerted her.

"Ms. Pastry?" the small cookie said, as she walked down the stairs quickly and ran to Pastry and hugged her as she snuggled slightly on Pastry's lower half body. "Why do I keep hearing creaking?"

"Don't worry about it my sweetie, go back upstairs and sleep," Pastry responded as she hugged Strawberry Cookie tightly before letting go and watched Strawberry Cookie go up the stairs.