Chapter 5

Sonakshi's POV:
"I am late, I am late... O God! Why did I turned off my alarm.. " I was cursing myself for getting up late.

I hurriedly went in the bathroom,took the quickest shower.After the shower, I took my white salwar and kamez with multicolored odhni and wore it. (As shown in the photo).I tied my hair in a bun.At such emergency situations I hate my long hair as it takes much time to handle them, but making an bun is the easiest way.I applied talcum powder and lip gloss.And straight away ran downstairs.

My whole family was sitting on the dining table having chit chat as always.

Anshu mockingly said "Good morning sleeping beauty, late as usual"

O.. how much I want to punch that idiotic face.

"Come on ashu,You don't know ,Sona is owner of SNB bank so she can go whenever she wants" Anshi says mocking me too.

Before I could say anything maa interrupted "You both just shut up, let her have her breakfast peacefully... you both are mocking her like you both are always punctual, today there is some function in there college so no lectures, that is the reason they both got ready on time".

I, Dadi and Baba giggled while Anshi and Anshu glared us all.

I took a look at my wrist watch..O my God!I am surely going to be late I don't wanna get scolded.As reality hit me hard, I started eating my breakfast in a hurry.

"Sona what are you doing? Eat slowly" Baba ordered.

"Baba I am sorry, but I will be late" I replied while putting the spoonful Poha in my mouth.

"This girl is really indisciplined Pritam, she wakes up late, she doesn't even have table manners... when I was of her age I was a well behaved woman" Dadi said proudly and I rolled my eyes.

"Really Dadi" Anshu and Anshi asked in disbelief while eyeing her suspensionally.

"Yeah.. Ofcourse" She says dramatically.

"But baba said that you used to always sleep in the morning till late and because of you Baba used to get punished in school for late attendance" Anshu said while getting a glare from Baba, he is so dead today.

"What? Pritam you are spreading such rumors about me." Dadi says and the drama starts.

I ignore them all and eat my breakfast and started to leave.

"Bye all of you, love you" I said while waving. They waved back.

"Sona,can you come home little early so we both will go to our favorite place" Baba asked.

"Ofcourse Baba I will ,I also love to visit there, bye.."

I hurriedly started my scooty and made my way towards the bank.I am working there for last 5 years.All the staff is really friendly.I have been winning the best employee award every year, even if I am not punctual.But I do my work with utter sincerity and honesty so I guess I deserve it.

I parked my scooty in the parking lot and headed towards the bank.

Security man opened the door for me"Good morning Mohan Uncle ".

"Good morning, betiya.. but I think you are late today as always... Shah Sir is upset"Uncle said.

" Yeah uncle I know, but thanks for the information "I smiled and said.

I opened the door and went in.As I entered everyone's attention was on me.I know I am late please don't look at me.. I said them mentally.

" Oh... Look who is here employee of the year Ms. Agrawal, please can we have a huge round of applause because she has given us so much happiness by making her presence "shah sir mocked me as always.