Chapter 22: Must Come, To A Shattering End

A/N: Why is To Your Eternity so freaking sad? 🤧

"Please, just stay calm" Tsukauchi said as he and Aizawa sat on a couch, Y/N and Eri were coloring on the dinner table. 

"I can't believe you actually want to even consider sending him back to his parents. You said those kids were sold" Aizawa said, glaring at the detective. 

"I also mentioned a good number of those kids being kidnapped from their parents. I talked to the parents that had their children stolen, Jupiter's parents, Akine's, Akinari's. You don't know the situation, Aizawa" Tsukauchi responded. 

"And, how can you prove that Y/N wasn't sold off? No missing child's report, no frantic parents. Why do they get to decide if they want Y/N now? That's bullshit" Aizawa argued. 

"That's why I notified you, so we can figure this out together. Aizawa, I'm not here to take Y/N away from you, you know that. I've seen how happy this kid is with you, but is that a good excuse to take him away from potentially loving biological parents?" 

"That's not a fair question, Tsukauchi. It's not fair because I decided I was going to be that for him, I decided that for myself." 

"I know, and I'm sorry for that" Tsukauchi
sighed, watching the two kids coloring.

"Let’s get going then, I made an appointment with the mother." 

"The mother? You said you found both mother and father" Aizawa said. 

"Parents stopped seeing each other before Y/N was born. Mother gets prioritized custody of Y/N" Tsukauchi explained, getting up from the couch. 

Aizawa winced at the sentenced, prioritized custody made all his efforts of being Y/N's dad get thrown into his face. He wasn't even considered a guardian the moment Y/N's birth mother was found. It hurt him more than he would've thought. 

Y/N jumped from the kitchen table and started to race Eri to Aizawa. Chelsea saw Y/N pass her so she jumped onto his shoulder, making the boy fall and Eri win. Eri hugged Aizawa's leg as Y/N stayed on the floor with comical tears running down his face, while Chelsea sat on the back of his head. 

Aizawa managed a smile and started to run his fingers through Eri's hair while Y/N clumsily got up with Chelsea resting in his arms now. 

"Let's go then. We don't want to keep her waiting" Tsukauchi said, and Aizawa's smile was replaced with a dejected frown in an instant.

~🍙~

"Where are we going?" Eri asked as she held Aizawa's left hand, Y/N was holding his right hand while jumping over all the cracks in the sidewalk. 

"We're going to meet someone" Aizawa answered simply, looking forward. 

"New friend?" Eri asked. 

"Tuna tuna?" Y/N questioned. 

"Maybe" Aizawa replied, tightening his grip on their hands. Y/N tilted his head a little while Eri continued humming a tune. He felt Aizawa's unease, and hoped it wasn't his doing.