108. Your Eyes Tell

JK's POV

"Stay."

It was faint, I almost missed it.

Is this me dreaming? Or is this just the voice inside my head? 

I was unsure if it was just a part of my sweet reminiscence of her, or if I finally pushed my mind out of dear sanity.

I stood still, afraid that if I moved a muscle, I wouldn't get a chance to hear it once more. I wanted to. I need it to stop me from leaving.

Through the pitter-patter of raindrops pouring to the ground and the occasional grumble and growl of the thunder in the background, I closed my eyes and listened intently, wishing the same voice would call out to me again.

"Han bon do ... jebal." (One more time ... please.), I begged.

I held my breath for what felt like an eternity, not daring to puff out even just a single bit of air as I proved to myself I wasn't hallucinating. My fingers gripped the car door handle until they throbbed with pain, a sign that I am in fact, conscious and coherent.

But I was nearing the verge of giving up, both physically and emotionally. Nothing was happening. It was still just me and my body shivering to the cold. I was desperate. I didn't utter a single word but inside I was screaming.

The driver gave me a holler. He said he could wait no more. And there I was, standing, frail and defenseless, counting on to something that might be just a fragment of my imagination.

 And there I was, standing, frail and defenseless, counting on to something that might be just a fragment of my imagination

Maybe if I just hold up a bit...

...

maybe...

...

just maybe...

...

And like an answered prayer, I heard it. I heard her again.

"Stay." I can't be mistaken. I'd recognize that voice anywhere.

"Stay." the voice seemed nearer now, almost as if it was speaking right into my ear. 

I was in the middle of my certainty and doubts, but when I felt a hand wrap around my arm, I knew this isn't just in my head. I wasn't deranged. I wasn't tripping.

When I turned around and found her staring into my eyes, I was dumbfounded. All this ... Everything was ... "Stay." ... real.

Her face was covered with loose strands of hair

Her face was covered with loose strands of hair. Her lashes tried to flicker away the raindrops that were making it difficult to see. But I see her, clear as crystal.

Without taking her eyes from me, she took my hand off the cab and closed the door behind me, bridging the gap between us. Her nearness ignited my faltering heart, making it realize that the fight isn't over yet. It has just begun.

With my hand still cradled in hers, her fingers caressed my skin. It was speaking a language only our hearts understood. Instinctively, my hand reached out to her face but stopped midway, hesitating. I don't want to be pushed away again.

Surprisingly though, she gave me the green light, as if she could read my mind. Her hand that still lingered in mine started to move. Sooner than I knew our fingers were now laced together, resembling a perfect fit. Her eyes twinkled and my heart just skipped a beat.

Slowly gaining courage, I dared to touch her face one more time and finally did. My fingers softly freed her cheeks from the lovely mess her hair made, getting entangled a couple of times as I tucked them behind her ears. We both caught ourselves cracking a smile that the rain could never rid off our lips.

Who would have thought that a thunderstorm could bring about a moment this beautiful? She may not say it out loud but I know she wanted the same thing as I do.

Her eyes, her eyes tell it all.

"Unspoken words between you and I, Present in the eyes of knowing, Lost in the realm of unforeseen beauty, I am yours. - Truth Devour"

To be continued...