P A S T

I flipped the light switch on before even walking inside the kitchen with the fear that a demon of some sort will have a better chance at getting me in the pitch darkness

     I flipped the light switch on before even walking inside the kitchen with the fear that a demon of some sort will have a better chance at getting me in the pitch darkness. I cracked open the fridge to grab a beer, we kept alcohol behind all the cakes and cupcakes. God only knows how much I need this beer especially after the night I just had, I couldn't shake off that guilty feeling even though I bet Nathaniel has had his fair share of women after me.

I lean against the island, I brought the cold beer up against my lips enjoying the burning feeling it provides going down my throat.

You know that feeling of being watched, like the hair on your arm stands up and everything no longer makes sense because your survival instincts start kicking in, that's exactly how I feel right now. My body gradually turned around to face the back with the beer hanging around my fingers, my breathing slowed down when I faced the dark part of the room.

My eyes squinted on the dark shadow in front of me, my fingers tightened around the glass in my hand. Finally the stranger emerged from the darkness, a man in a bunny mask was the first thing I saw. My eyes widened when I recognized the familiar smell of bunny blood, the blood dripped off the mask and now in the light I could visibly see a lot more.

"No." I mumbled under my breath, my fear started to settle in.

The mask started laughing, the only thing that was putting a distance between us is the table right in the middle.

After a long pause of silence I finally mustered up the courage to speak to it. "What do you want?" I ask, the person didn't move at all, they stayed in the exact same spot while staring at me with those haunting eyes.

Nothing, they didn't say one single word. I banged the beer bottle against the counter breaking the glass into a weapon, I held the huge glass up towards the imposter.

"What do you want from me!" I scream on the top of my lungs with my hand shaking around the glass weapon, my hair falling above my cheeks almost covering my eyes.

All I got was a creepy chuckle, it was enjoying this like the psycho they clearly are. My chest is heaving up and down from all the shouting that I've just done. Not only do they scare the living shit out of me, they're also pissing me off.

The psycho lunged at me, it grabbed my wrist where my hand was holding the glass, I poorly tried jabbing them with my weapon but missed miserably. A painful grunt escaped past my mouth when his other hand yanked my hair back, my eyes watched the mask as they slowly leaned in towards my face.

They finally spoke, but when I heard what they said, I wished they would've kept quiet instead. "Pretty, pretty innocent bunny."

My heart is beating so hard against my chest, my lips started quivering when I made direct eye contact with the person behind the mask. I'm not the same person anymore, I'm stronger mentally and physically, I can take this person, I know I can.