5

Had it not been a little, traumatized child who dared to curse his Bondita like this, he would have wrangled the person till the light left their eyes. But as shook he was from within that Bondita had to listen to all this, he knew where Radhika was coming from. A girl who had seen and endured so much at such a young age was bound to be bitter towards a girl who she considered to be still untouched by the evil clause of the society. What ever she thought of him, the husband of Bondita, it was all based on sheer lack of trust towards men and there was no doubt in why she felt so.

They all promise to be the rakshak but behind closed doors, they were all bakshak.

He looked at Bondita, her eyes casted down as if contemplating something.
" Would she doubt him like this ever...? Did she doubt him ? Why did she ask him that stabbing question...?!" He panicked a little. " No...no she won't...she could never..."

Radhika had as if poured poison out of her lips. She looked at Bondita, expecting her to be scared, doubt full... anything.
She couldn't read Bondita's expression.

" You don't like being touched by your husband. " Stated Bondita.
" You say these are the scares of love, marriage, right of a husband...its normal. But you still don't want to go with your husband."
Radhika had her eyes casted down. This somehow gave Bondita confidence.
" After everything the society tried to teach you about marriage, you don't actually like it. Right...?"

Radhika shivering, had let a few tears fall by now. Intensity of her harsh words now being realised, she would never wish such a fate to any girl if it was in her hands.

" You don't like it...do you ?" Bondita asked again.
A single nod from Radhika was enough.
Bondita got up from here place.
She knew she could never forgive herself for what she had put her pati babu through when she had asked him to accept her as his wife. He had gotten angry, screamed at her, had even gotten himself another wife. After all the drama, she had understood, as much as mind of her tender age could muster, that it was simply something she could not understand and she had to let it go. One crying session with her pati babu and several nights of poundering had made her realise one thing.

She was just a child, she did not need to trouble her little brain so much. She knew now that her pati babu was going nowhere, ever. There were things in the world, society, she didn't understand, which bothered her...but she didn't have to understand everything just yet. For the things she didn't understand, she had her pati babu. He would handle everything. And teach her, tell her anything and everything that she must know. With time.

Her pati babu would always be there for her.

"Not everyone was lucky enough to have a husband like mine" realised Bondita looking at Radhika. Each and every scolding, screaming, punishment she was subjected to by her pati babu was to prevent her from being just another Radhika.

And now that she knew what her pati babu actually did, he was appearing more and more like her bhagwan to her.

" I am sorry for you Radhika..." She said, feeling her own eyes pricking.
" I am sorry that you...and so many others have to go through this...but...my pati babu will never do anything like this. I don't know if all of this is right or wrong but my pati babu would never do anything that I don't like, that might hurt me or even remotely make me sad. I might not know myself well enough, but my pati babu does."

" He knows what is best for me" she uttered this to herself, with a silent smile and thanking her dugga ma for a thousandth time to bless her for her pati babu.

She had waited for Aniruddh very impatiently that day. She wanted to thank him for all he did. Every thing he put himself through just so he could save her from getting hurt.