Chapter Fourteen

They pulled up to a local hospital, Sam slipping from the boot as the others piled from the car.

"Okay, Clint and I will go in with YN, does anyone else need medical attention?" They all shook their heads, yet Steve's grip on YN tightened. "Cap?" Natasha raised an eyebrow, looking down to the girl who was just blinking her eyes open.

Steve also looked down as YN finally awoke, a frown placing itself on her features. "What's going on?" YN whispered, looking up into Steve's blue eyes.

"I'm just going to pass you to Clint, okay?" YN's eyes widened, her head starting to shake.

"What, why?" Steve smiled, trying to ease the woman's nerves.

"We can't go into the hospital, YN. But we will go check into a motel and meet you guys there." YN bit her lip but nodded, wrapping her arms around Clint's shoulders as he took her weight. Clint grunted, causing Steve to hesitate in fully letting go of YN.

"I've got her, man." Clint nodded, following after Natasha as they entered the hospital.

"Come on, pal. Let's go get a motel." Steve nodded, eyes not leaving his three friends until they were completely out of sight.

Natasha stopped at the front desk, biting the inside of her cheek. Weighing up her options, she grabbed her S.H.I.E.L.D badge, that was given back to her recently, and held it up in front of the receptionist's face.

"Hello, my name is Agent Rushman, we have a woman in our custody that has a puncture wound to her lower abdomen, can we please have a doctor look over it?" Natasha said, not giving the woman much time to look over her badge.

"You will have to wait in the waiting room, we have a few patients ahead of you." Natasha grimaced, looking around quickly for any cameras before bending down with a sinister smile.

"Look, we don't have much time, it would be greatly appreciated if you could speed us along, we don't need to make a scene by calling in the Health and Safety team to inspect this place next week, do we?" The receptionist widened her eyes, shaking her head. "Good choice." Natasha smirked, happy her bluff worked on the woman. The receptionist typed something into her computer, looking back up to the two S.H.I.E.L.D agents and the woman that was in Clint's arms.

"Dr. Francis will see her now." Natasha shot the woman a large grin, following the woman's finger as she pointed to a doctor who entered the room.

Following the large doctor, YN shifted in Clint's hold, making the bowman look down to her. "You alright?" He asked, sending the grimacing woman a smile.

"I feel a bit... weird." Clint frowned, speeding up his walk.

"Weird how?" YN shook her head, blinking dots away from her vision.

"I feel faint." She whispered, squeezing her eyes closed and resting her head on Clint's shoulder.

"It's alright, place her down. She will feel weak from the loss of blood." Clint nodded, lowering YN onto the table. "Okay, what do we have here?" The doctor said, leaning down to cut through her shirt with some surgical scissors and inspecting the wound.

"This was a good shirt." YN muttered, closing her eyes with a sigh

"Ah, that looks nasty. I will need to remove the shard of metal and douse it in disinfectant. I'll suture it up and wrap it. Just a minute, I just need to grab some fluids."

YN nodded, looking over to Natasha weakly. The redhead smiled at the other woman, feeling unsure where they stood. "You okay?" Natasha whispered.