chapter-20

Maaz was feeling better today so he decided to go to the office, He was getting ready when his mother entered his room. Inwardly he felt happy seeing her but he didn't want them to know that he still cares for them.

"How are you," she asked but Maaz ignored her, "Maaz, I am talking to you," she said, he turned towards her and said, "Me? Oh I thought you were asking her" he pointed at Haya who was standing behind Amira.

"I came to meet you," she said caressing his face, "You shouldn't have! You all don't matter to me anymore" he jerked of her hand and stormed out of the room.

Haya ran behind him and held his hand, "At least have your breakfast before you leave" she said, "I'll have it in office" he said and walked out.

Amira's pov,

Maaz was everybody's favourite child until that incident occurred. My sister's and her unborn child's death.

I and my cousin sister were born on the same day, My cousin, Aminah got married to Nauman and I was going to get married to someone else but that man dumped me on our wedding day. After that incident, I decided not to marry anyone.

After giving birth to Mahir, Aminah was diagnosed with cancer, she thought she'd die at any moment. Seeing my bonding with Mahir, she asked me to marry Nauman. She said it was her last wish and I needed to fulfill it before she dies. She wanted me to be with her son after she dies.

We got married the next day. A year later, Maaz was born. Nauman hated me for getting pregnant with his child but after giving birth to Maaz he changed, he started loving Maaz more than Mahir.

One day, Aminah's doctor said that she can be cured of cancer. Nauman made sure that she gets cured and so they got her surgery done. Everyone was happy, my in-laws never treated me differently, they always made sure to treat both of us equally.

Everybody, Including Aminah, loved Maaz more than Mahir and this thing caused a rift between them. One day we found out that my sister was pregnant. She was seven months pregnant when we found out she is going to give birth to a girl.

The joy in our house was endless until that horrific scene. We were planning to go on a picnic, all of us were present in the living room except Maaz and Aminah. Maaz was 8 years old and Mahir was 10 at that time.

We were discussing Aminah's baby shower when we heard a blood-curdling scream, and the next moment we saw Aminah lying lifeless on the floor.

What scared me more was Maaz, he was standing on the top stairs. "He pushed my mom!!" Mahir shouted out. Everyone turned their head towards Maaz.

We took Aminah to the hospital and she was declared dead. When we came back home, Nauman locked Maaz in the storeroom. Mahir said Maaz was jealous of the new baby and that's why he pushed Aminah.

At that time even I believed in what Mahir said. Since that day Nauman started hating Maaz, even I did. We never treated him like our child anymore.

We used to love Mahir more in front of him, buy gifts for Mahir and throw a grand party on his birthdays but we did nothing for Maaz. Still, my ten-year-old son would never complain, whenever he'd see me he would smile.

Maaz's smile would brighten our day, even when I used to ignore him he would smile at me, his painful smile would make my heartache, I didn't want to believe that he killed my sister.

One day my father came and took Maaz with them. At that time I felt like they're taking a part of me with them. I couldn't stop them from taking him.

My father got so angry at me that he said that I am no longer his daughter, I am dead for him, he said he had no daughter from today onwards.