49

"Okay, so he has really nice hair--"

"Maki--"

"-like I know that's weird to say but can you imagine how fluffy it is? It looks kinda spiky but I bet its one of those weird hairstyles that are actually really soft. Apparently he took a lot of pride in his hair-- hey should I keep growing out my hair-?"

"Maki!" Harshly cutting her off making her flinch slightly, Itachi had yelled while Shisui sat back and watched in amusement, briefly nodding to his sisters every word.

"Sorry, yo."

"Man, you're adorable." The oldest of the three leaned on his palm with a smile and watched as she flushed red and her lips parted slightly. Itachi brought up a hand to scratch up the back of his head and sighed, these two were too much to deal with at once. 

With how the two got distracted easily despite their important positions in the land of fire, the heir made sure to remind them of their main topic before either could begin, or continue to spout nonsense.

"Our country is about to be destroyed, you both need to focus."

At once, the two of them hardened their face expressions and looked at him. Maki nodded and used her only hand to gesture for him to continue speaking. Taking a deep breath, Itachi nodded and began to speak with a low but firm tone. "Madara is alive, and plotting something. I have an idea of what-- both Shisui and I do," He looked at the man in mention and Shisui narrowed his eyes before closing them with a nod. Turning back to their sister, Itachi spoke, "he plans on--"

"I know," Surprisingly Maki cut them off and they waited for her to elaborate but she didn't. Instead she looked away with beads of sweat falling down her face and tried to act like she didn't say what she did. Kurama began to growl inside of her and she cringed while bringing up her hands to cover her ears, although it did nothing to ease the slight headache rising. 

The fox was switching between constantly yelling at her and rambling angrily about how annoying Uchihas were and that they were too nosy for their own good, almost mentioning the fact that it was one of the reasons why they wen't practically extinct before she blocked him out with a small glare, hoping her brothers didn't somehow hear him.

"Maki, this is serious, you need to tell us what you know."

"R-Right, I will," She sighed. "the thing is, Kurama was able to find out by communicating with other tailed beasts."

"What do you mean?" Shisui asked.

"I mean, that Madara has already captured many of the tailed beasts, and sent us messages before they... Died."

They waited for a few seconds in silence, perhaps to mourn the deaths of the tailed beasts before Itachi spoke up once again. He grabbed her hand and cupped it in between two of his own, staring straight into her eyes. "Then you know?"