22.2

On the way back, An Chang Qing was in a good mood and had begun to figure out how to deal with the moles inside.

Whatever happened today had exceeded his expectations. He had wanted to deal with this after the New Year but the other shops were sure to have gotten wind of today's events. Therefore, it would be better if he dealt with them in one go.

An Chang Qing thought it over and discussed with Xiao Zhige, "Before the year changes, let's bring in the store managers of all the shops and rough them up. We'll settle the accounts bit by bit after the New Year."

Xiao Zhige responded, "Do as you see fit."

In fact, all these years, he was mostly stationed in Yanzhou. Even when he returned to Yejing, he couldn't be bothered to deal with these matters and rarely interfered with the management of the manor. All along, it was Steward Wang who overlooked everything.

An Chang Qing observed his expression and continued, "The stores are all under Steward Wang's charge, it's not possible he was unaware of Tian Yi Fang's situation."

Xiao Zhige nodded. Of course he had thought of this. Steward Wang was an adept attendant who served him but he was not his confidant. Xiao Zhige's foundation was in the army of Yanzhou. To him, the Wang Manor in Yejing had always been just a foothold. Steward Wang had been with him for a long time and was well-versed with commerce, this was why Xiao Zhige had relinquished everything to him. It wasn't as though he hadn't expected Steward Wang to try and make a profit for himself but he had led many battles and knew that this was similar to looting the place after winning a battle. It was not sanctioned but cannot be fully prevented.

Therefore, he had always turned a blind eye to Steward Wang's actions.

However, it was obvious that Steward Wang had caused his Wangfei immense dissatisfaction. Xiao Zhige could only coordinate with An Chang Qing and asked, "How do you plan to deal with him?"

"We're currently short of staff, let's just put some fear in him but let him continue to work." Ever since Xiao Zhige had read to him the book on warfare, An Chang Qing had occasionally gone to his study to continue reading up on it. As of now, he had somewhat grasped the concept of psychological warfare.

"We'll let him hang first, the more guilt and fear he has, the more dedicated to his work he will be."

Steward Wang might've gone astray but he was a timid person. Based on An Chang Qing's observations, he only dared to cash in if the opportunity allowed for it but he would not have the guts to deceive Xiao Zhige.

Xiao Zhige looked at him in surprise. He had thought that An Chang Qing would use this chance to get rid of Steward Wang. After all, from the time An Chang Qing entered the Wang Manor, the two had not been harmonious with each other. He would never have expected An Chang Qing to do things this way.

His eyes flickered and he agreed, "Nuo Nuo's words are very reasonable."

An Chang Qing, "..."

.....

When the carriage arrived at the Wang Manor, Steward Wang brought the servants to greet them. His face was looking pale. Before An Chang Qing's return, Anfu had brought the store manager and clerk from Tian Yi Fang back and let Zhao Shi escort them to the cell.

When An Chang Qing took over, he knew that sooner or later, the situation in the shops would be unearthed and had specifically warned the ones in charge to show some restraint. But unfortunately, the year wasn't even over and they were already caught.

He wiped his sweat and bowed low, "Will Wangye and Wangfei be having dinner?"

An Chang Qing raised the paper bag in his hand and said, "Prepare a few non-greasy side dishes, we're having roasted duck today."