1. A few years ago

(A few years ago)
„Mom... Dad... I have to tell you something." I said, nervously playing with my ring.
„Yes, darling? You can tell us anything. Just don't be pregnant, please." Mom said.

What?! No. You don't have to worry about me getting pregnant. I wouldn't have sex with a man. Because I..."
Should I really tell them?

I took a deep breath. „I am a lesbian."
I felt free, that I had finally said it. I even felt a bit happy, but then I looked at my parents' faces.
Shit.

My father's face was rage distorted and my mother looked like she was going to faint.

„You're a WHAT?!" My father shouted, his hands clenched into fists.
„I am a lesbian." I whispered. I didn't want to hide myself anymore and I thought my parents would support me. We are a family.

Or we were.

My father stamped towards me and grabbed my by my throat. „Oh no, you're not." He lifted me up and slammed my head against the wall.

For a moment I saw little stars around me.
My father, my own father...
I got angry. „I am a lesbian!" I shouted, ignoring the hurtful throbbing in my head.

He still held me by my throat. With every second, breathing became more difficult.
He slammed my head against the wall, harder than before. Everything went black.

When I woke up again, I lay on the floor, next to the wall. I must have been unconscious for only a few seconds.

I looked up. My father had left the room, but my mother was still standing there. She was looking out of the window. I couldn't read her face.
„Mom, please. Help me." I whined.

Slowly, she turned her head towards me. „You're not me daughter." She whispered and walked out of the room.
I cried out loudly. Why can't they love me like I am. This is me. I can't change that.

Shut the fuck up!" My father shouted from the kitchen. He came to me with big steps and pulled my up by my shoulders.
He began to slap me. Once... Twice... Three times... Four times... Soon I lost count.
When he let go of me, I was a sobbing mess. My head felt like it was on fire.
I just wanted to black out. I just wanted the pain to end.
But it didn't.

„I'm going to kill you for this." I heard my father saying.
I looked through my swollen eyelids and saw my father grabbing a knife. 

My survival instinct made me stand up. I stumbled towards the door; towards freedom.
When I was only a few metres away from the door, I felt someone grabbing my left wrist.
My father pulled me towards him. „I won't let you live."
He slammed the knife in my wrist. An explosive pain wandered from my wrist through my whole body. My mouth opened to scream, but my body didn't let me. I stood there for a few seconds, before I remembered again that I needed to run.

You need to survive.
With my last strength I managed to pull my arm out of his grip and kicked him in his balls.

He groaned in pain but I didn't wait to see, if I've done any harm.
I ran out of the house and down the street. Nobody followed me.
Soon I collapsed on the street and everything went black, the knife still stuck in my wrist.

When I woke up again, I found myself in a hospital, surrounded by beeping machines.
I couldn't feel any pain and I was able to open my eyes. My left arm was bandaged and I saw bruised all over my body. I was totally confused.
But soon the memory of my parents came back. My eyes filled with tears.
Stop, Y/n. You need to be strong.

I had to stay in the hospital for two weeks. I didn't tell anyone about my parents and I didn't tell anyone my real last name.

When I got out, I flew to the United States of America. I just wanted to bring as much distance as possible between me and my parents.
In the U.S.A I started a new life with a new name. Y/n Brown. I chose a common last name. It would be more difficult to find out it's not my real last name.
I started working in a cute little coffee shop. I never told anyone about my past nor about my powers.

After a few years, a man with an eye patch came to the coffee shop. He told me that he knows about my power and that he has a great job offer for me. He then told me about the Avengers and I agreed to work with them.

Am I going to have a new family?