Chapter 11

Golden rays of light fell on the sea, reflecting the light back in the sky. Best thing about living in a city like Mumbai was the peace and tranquility the sea had to offer amidst the chaos! Indeed the sea carried a huge essence of the city with it!

 Best thing about living in a city like Mumbai was the peace and tranquility the sea had to offer amidst the chaos! Indeed the sea carried a huge essence of the city with it!

Anil and Nisha had decided to go on a long walk this early morning. Their daughter, Esha was up late last night studying for her upcoming exams so she was busy sleeping in while the couple had their breath of fresh aur rejoicing the sea.

" Anil?" Nisha called out her husband breaking his stare off the sea.

" Yes."

" Did you talk to Anisha?" she asked with hesitation.

He sighed and looked in the eyes of his wife, " She called and told me about joining the office."

" And what did you say?" She asked afraid of the reply.

" I wished her good luck, that is it."

" Bas? Aapka Mann nahi karta apni beti se baat karne ka? Usse puchne ka ki kaisj hai, wo waha khush hai ya nahi? " ( That's it? Don't you ever feel like talking to your daughter? To ask her how is she, is she treated right? )

" Nisha! Meri ek hi beti hai! " ( I have only one daughter) His tone had finality to it. She could not say anything after that. A drop of tear followed the other and the light reflected off the tears but she quickly wiped them off.

" Anil, aapki ek hogi mene to do betiyo ko janam diya hai. Jitna Mann usne humara dukhaya hai utna humne bhi uska dukha diya. Maaf kar do use!" ( Anil, you might have one but I have given birth to two daughters. How much ever she has hurt us we have also equally hurt her back. Forgive her!)

She stopped when he showed her the hand. It was as if he could never forgive her!

Meanwhile, Anisha was busy getting ready for the office. She had woken up early and finished all the house chores and after breakfast she had thirty minutes to get ready. Right now she was dressed up and was applying her foundation and eye-liner when Mr. MaanSingh made his presence known.

" So, are you excited?"

" I am." she replied with a pep in her tone.

" I must warn you I'm not a good boss."

" I believe I will live." She replied confidently.

" Oh, you will." He now made his way to stand behind her facing the mirror and put his arm around her waist. With a dip of head he whispered in her ear, " If you won't then who will tolerate me my dear wife? By the way did I say you look beautiful today?"

Anisha's heart had started hammering in her chest when he had whispered in her ears. Her face was graced with a beautiful blush and just like that Abhimanyu was goner for her.

" Th...thank you ji."

" Phir se ji! Ye ji muje bohot irritate karta hai! Bolo A-bhi-man-yu." ( Again this ji! Ji is very irritating. Call me A-bhi-man-yu.)

" I can't." she blushed furiously.

" Why can't you?" He asked abashed.

" Husband ka naam leke nahi bulaate." ( Husband is not addressed by his name)

" Ye koi baat hoti hai? Tune muje Abhimanyu bulaana hai varna muje koi baat nahi sunayi degi teri! Samjhi?" ( This is not done. You call me Abhimanyu else I won't listen to a single thing you uttered. Understood?)

She simply nodded her head.

Satisfied Abhimanyu checked the time and asked her, " Are you done?"

" Yes."

" Come on let's go then."

The couple descended the stairs together to be met with their entire family waiting in the drawing room.

" Why are you all just sitting here?" asked Abhimanyu curiously.

" It is Anisha's first day in the office and we are all waiting to wish her good luck." stated Daljeet.

Anisha's eyes widened at the gesture and before she could even say a thank you she was passed around the drawing room getting wishes and blessings from the clan.
Lastly she was greeted by Daljeet who stood with a cup of curd in her hand.

" Har naye kaam se pehle dahi-shakkar khaakar muh meetha karna chahiye. Ye khaao aur khub safal hona! " ( Before beginning every new task should eat sweet curd. Eat this and may you have all the success!"

Anisha swallowed her mouthful and said, " Thank you everybody for making this so so special for me."

" This is what family does, Anisha. And you are family." replied Anisha's sister-in-law Jyoti.

She smiled at her and stole a glance at her husband who simply smiled back as if he knew she would look at him and mouthed, " I told you. We are family."

She smiled gratefully at all of them and Abhimanyu interrupted saying, " Let's get moving Dad, Bhaiyya and Anisha. We don't want to be late now.

They all followed behind Abhimanyu and got seated in the car.

And this is how her first day at office begun.