ʚ Prologue ɞ

If you'd told Dream he'd spend the entirety of his weekend wandering through the vast woods, he wouldn't have believed you. But now, that may not exactly be the case.

The trees rustle in the wind as Dream stays set in his course, following the same path that has been leading him since the other night, while his boots shallowly stomp the ground, sending puffs of dirt up into the air with every heavy step he takes, his newly metal armor weighing him down.

The sun peeks through slivers in the forest roof, gleamingly shining down to display its soon departure into night, and a small flock of songbirds swoops by, singing a melody lovely enough to put him to sleep. But he can't afford to rest.

He doesn't know the exact specifics of how he got here, but he does know that somewhere within this limitless forest, George, is waiting for him, he just has to figure out where.

~ ‧₊˚ ʚ♡ɞ ˚₊‧ ~

It feels as though hours have passed by until Dream is stopped by a dead-end in the path, a huge cliff towering over him, covered in a soft sheet of moss and vines.

Odd. He thinks as he looks over his obstacle, attempting to find any sort of way over it. Until a moment of realization hits.

Immediately reaching forward, Dream grabs handfuls of the vines and pulls them apart, drawing back the natural curtain covering a darkly lit cave that seems to extend further in. He cockily grins at himself for knowing his Disney fairytales.

That's right, fairytales.

Where's Dream, you might ask? Well from recent discoveries, he can probably conclude that he's in the story of Rapunzel. And how does he know for sure? Well-

He takes his first step into the dark tunnel, his metal armor filling the air with echoes of clanking. Confidently, he continues his travel into the cave, brushing a hand on the wall as he walks to ensure he doesn't lose his way in the darkness.

After covering a few feet of distance, he finally reaches an opening, light peeking out past the rocky walls of the cave. As he steps out onto the grass, he stops in his tracks to squint and raise his hand to shield the sun, adjusting to the new brightness. And when he finally opens his eyes, they widen at the sight before him.

A mystical stone tower stands tall, centered in the middle of a hidden valley blanketed in fields of green nature. And near the top of the tower is a lonely window trimmed in wood, accompanied by a boy who leans lazily against it.

George.

Dream's face lights up with a smile and his chest fills with excitement as he takes a step towards it, only to be stopped by a pull on his arms and the shadow of a force that looms above him.

"Glad you could finally make it, Clay."

(Word Count: 490)