The Exuvia

Y/n pov:

I was running to Cloud Retainer's domain as fast as i could in my fox form.

Xiao was on his way to Moon Carver.

We had to tell them to keep an eye out for the fatui and hopefully keep them away from Liyue.
I knew i should've put on a fight with Childe instead of just giving him a warning.

I landed on Cloud Retainer's mountain and quickly went inside the domain. Still in my fox form.

"Cloud Retainer!" I shouted.
"Y/n? What an odd time for you to visit, aren't you supposed to chase demons?" Cloud Retainer asked.

"I'm here for the protection of Liyue, the fatui are most likely after Morax's gnosis the moment we speak." I say, getting straight to the point
"They dare?!" Cloud Retainer yelled and stretched their wings. "One will call a meeting with the other adepti about this. Y/n, would you go and protect the exuvia?" Cloud Retainer asked.

"Of course!" I said and went outside again immediately. I ran to the edge of the mountain and jumped off, towards the golden house.

-

I landed gracefully outside of the golden house and took my mask off, returning to a human. "Open the doors at once!" I shouted to the guards as i made ny way up the stairs.

"Yes lady Y/n!" One yelled and signalled the other ones to open and hold the door for me.
I walked inside. They closed the door behind me. The guards inside seemed to be slacking off and immediately straightened their backs and stood in formation as i walked in.

"Good day, my lady." multiple if them said and bowed in sync. I gave them a quick nod and walked to the middle of the golden house. I looked up at the exuvia.
I don't think they've been able to take the gnosis yet.

"I want more guards around the exuvia." I said.
"At once, my lady!" The leader of the group said and sent some guards off to get more guards inside.

I looked at the exuvia. Something doesen't feel right-
My thoughts were interrupted. My ears perked up as i heard multiple groans and grunts of pain behind me. I quickly turned around and all the guards were knocked out. I drew my katana and stood in a fighting stance. I didn't see anyone other than me and the knocked out -maybe dead- guards.

I slowly backed up to the exuvia, so i had full overview of the golden house.

"Come out coward." I said.

A few seconds later, Childe walked out from one of the pillars on the other side of the golden house.
At least it means they don't have the gnosis yet.

"My my, i certainly hope you didn't take the gnosis before me. That would be a shame, i would have to kill you, you know." He said and smirked.

"First you'd have to be strong enough to do so." I said, pointing the katana directly at him.
"I guess so, do you have any last words?" He said and took out his bow and turned it into two hydro blades.

"No. Do you?" I said.

I'm literally just gonna be able to do physical damage to him.
He is a harbinger. I couldn't even defeat a few fatui agents alone. And i can't call out Xiao's name right now, if the fatui had taken action, he probably has a lot to deal with right now too. Atleast i can hold Childe away from the gnosis until the extra guards arrive. Right?

-

Aether pov:

Me and Paimon were rushing to The golden house, i knew Childe would be there.
When we got there i saw all the guards. They were either knocked out or in worst case scenario, dead.
I quickly ran up to the doors and opened them, running inside. Paimon noticed all the mora. "Wooooooow, they probably won't notice if a few moras were missing." Paimon said.