Chapter 1

"Who did the monthly report of July?!" A black suited man slammed a file on the table in front of him. He's fuming, extremely mad and everyone in the room knows that.

The other people present in the room can't help but shivered in fear. They knew they were doomed.

A girl with spectacle among them stood out, raising her trembling hand up, "I-I'm the one who did it..."

"Great! So you wear spectacle huh? Did you wear it when you type this report?"

"I'm S-Sorry Mr Kim-"

"Sorry?" Kim Taehyung scoffed, "Did you realise how many grammar mistakes, how many wrong words in this report?!"

The girl keep bowing, pushing her spectacle, "I-I'll redo it-" "No need! You're fired!"

She gasped, tears brimmed in her eyes, "P-Please don't, Mr Kim! I beg you!"

The other employees in the office just stared at the girl in pity. They could do nothing but watch the scene silently.

"Stop right there." Taehyung stared at the girl with his cold piercing glare, "Don't you dare to cry. I hate to see people cry! Our company didn't hire you to wipe your crocodile tears. Now leave!"

"Please... Forgive me-"

"I repeat again here," Taehyung gritted his teeth, slamming his fist on the table, "You are fired!!"

At the same time, on the other hand...

"You're fired!"

"W-Why?" The little figure fiddled his fingers, asking softly. His eyes were filled with tears. He wants to cry so badly but no, not in front of his boss.

"Jungkook ah, I want you to stay too. You're hardworking and kind. But... Well, you know I'm not the owner of this restaurant. The owner of this restaurant told me he need to fire someone and turns out it's you." The older male said, smiling apologiticly.

Jeon Jungkook, the bunny-like boy can't hold his tears anymore, "B-But my hyung needs money to do surgery..."

"I know. I want to help you too but I can't. I'm sorry, Jungkook."

Jungkook sniffled as he quickly wiped of his tears with the back of his hands, "I-I understand, Mr Lee. T-Thank you so m-much for taking care of me. Goodbye." He bowed respectfully, walking out of the restaurant with his head tugged down.

Mr Lee stared at Jungkook's figure with pity in his gaze, shaking his head in defeat, "I'm sorry."

--------------------------------------------------

Jungkook clutched his bag tightly. His face was puffy because of crying much. People who walked passed him always give him questioning gaze, but the boy decided to ignore them.

"Time to find a new job..." He mumbled to himself. He spared a glance at the bus who drove passed him, "I wish I could take a bus ride..."

But he can't. He's too poor. His money need to save his terribly sick brother. Though he needs to spend almost 45 minutes to walk back to his house, he can't complain anything.

He walked passed a club, suddenly something caught his eyes. He halted, eyes lit up when he saw a hiring flyer that stick on the door of the club.

"We're hiring! In need of someone to be the bartender assistant! Experience is not mandatory!"

"I should go for this job!" Jungkook exclaimed, eyes sparkled in happiness.

… < * > …

Jungkook knocked his brother's room door, "Can I come in, hyung?"

"Yes, kook."

The boy twisted the doorknob, stepping inside the room. "Hyung!" Jungkook smiled widely, greeting his brother happily.

A pale man that sat on the wheelchair turned around, "Hey kook. What's with the big smile?"

"I found another job and I'm going for it! I hope they will accept me!" Jungkook said excitedly.

His brother smiled at the positive vibe that radiates around the boy, soon he smile fall, "It's all my fault. You should be studying at this age of yours but now... You're suffering."

"I'm not, hyung! I'm happy! I'll be happier if you recover! I need to go now, hyung! Goodbye!" Jungkook waved his hand cutely towards his brother, making the older sighed in defeat.

"Goodbye, kook. Be careful, okay?"

"I will, hyung!"