CHAPTER 16

For two days, I've been watching YouTube videos and practicing how to do vampire-like makeup convincingly. I'm getting ready to go before the sun sets, doing my makeup. I don't want to be out when the sun is down because Vampires are more likely to be out. Only Originals can come out during the day.

Once I'm done with my makeup, I mask my scent. I planned to sneak out through my window because I don't want the boys to see me looking like a vampire and ask questions. Before I can sneak out someone bursts into my room.

"Vampire," Lucas growls, pulling me behind him.

"Vampire," I say, confused.

"I smell a vampire," Lucas says, looking around the room.

"I don't smell any vampire," I say from behind him.

"It's gone, but did you see anything suspicious?" Lucas asks as he turns around to face me.

"No, I di—"

"What is wrong with you, Luna?" Lucas says, cutting me off. "Are you sick?" he asks and places his hand on my head. An earth-shattering growl is heard the second he touches my head.

The ground beneath my feet shakes, and I have to hold Lucas to avoid falling. I'm trying to regain my balance when I see Lucas's body thrown across the room. His side hits the wall badly, and I don't need to see it to know. I can smell the blood. I turn to see what threw Lucas across the room.

Nathaniel.

And he's fuming with anger.

He looks like he wants to rip off Lucas's head. When did he get here?

"Don't touch her!" Nathaniel growls.

"He didn't touch me! I held him, so I wouldn't fall," I say and walk toward Lucas. I want to help him get up, but Nate lets out another earth-shattering growl.

"Touch him, and I won't just throw him across the room," he threatens.

"Don't worry, Luna. I can stand up by myself," Lucas says and tries to stand up but fails. I want to help him because I feel guilty, but I know I'd be signing his death sentence.

"Nate, you injured him. He is bleeding. I want to get him to a doctor" I try to reason with Nate, who's still glaring at Lucas. I don't understand why he's so angry. Lucas did nothing wrong. I just held his hand for balance.

"I don't care, come with me," he says and approaches me. He grabs my hand and is about to drag me away when I dig my feet into the ground to make it difficult for him. I can't leave Lucas like this.

"Let me at least help him to the bed until Noah and Oliver get here," I say, but this only makes matters worse.

"There is more than one male living here?" Nate asks, angrier than before.

"They others are mated," I say to try and calm him down.

"My Queen, don't worry about me. I'm fine now. I'm sorry, my King, for touching the Luna," Lucas says, after finally lifting himself off the ground. He's holding the wall to support himself.

"Next time, I won't be lenient to let you live," Nate says to Lucas, who looks like he's trying not to pee his pants in front of Nate. He must be scared shitless right now. "Let's go," Nate says, pulling me with him, and this time I let him.

"Sorry, Lucas," I say before we walk out.

I let Nate drag me outside, but I stop when I see where he's taking me. He wants to put me in a car. I'm not going with him anywhere. I didn't run away just to find my Mom. I ran away from his cruelty.