Chapter 7: Lord Loculus

"FILTHY SCUM!"

Harry rolled his eyes and put his book away in his bag. When he was free on a weekday (the store was open on weekends only), he often visited the network of Secret Bars and Pubs he had heard about from the people who visited his bar. Technically, it wasn't eavesdropping as it was his property after all. He was currently sitting at a bar named 'the Secret Bar'. It was a very original name and it got straight to the point. Of course, it lacked the mystical air to it, but at the rate that this place is going and where they get their stock, it wasn't going to be very 'secret' anymore.

He heard a thud and Harry looked over to see a Vampire on the ground with pearly fangs being shown off and pale alabaster skin. It was whimpering in anticipation of the beating that was almost sure to come. Harry stood up and the regulars began cheering. He had made quite the reputation although it was still Autumn Term and he had not been coming here until 1-2 months ago.

At the sound of cheering, the sneering assaulter's head shot up and darted around the room only to find the only person standing there to be Noir. The man smirked, thinking he was some bozo and that the crowd was laughing at him. He was sure to beat this tiny little fella. He was larger and stronger than most, so it shouldn't have been a problem.

Evans grinned as he walked up to the man, only to grab him by the throat the muggle way and lift him. There may or may not have been a few charms to make the man lighter than he was, though he was already a big guy and was still heavy. The bar cheered and the Vampire looked confused as he watched the fight. It wasn't much of a fight. The young Lord chucked him over to the side where, upon landing, made a huge thud and disappeared. Lord Evans held a hand out to the Vampire and, hesitant and confused, the Being grasped onto his forearm, picking himself up.

In the Wizarding World, aiding Vampires was extremely illegal. It was made clear by the Ministry that the blood-sucking beings were dangerous and Dark Creatures. Harry was enraged by such a notion. These members of society were not only being treated like scum from what they were born or made (often against their will), but they were being looked down upon for what they do to survive. Humans eat chicken every single day and they don't get criticized for it (except for 'that vegan teacher'). They were dark by nature and they were looked down upon for it. Of course, he was fuming.

The Vampire regained his balance and Harry slapped him on the back, playfully.

"You alright, mate?" he asked casually.

The Vampire just stared at him. No one had given him kindness before, no less a Human. Harry had been busy lightly filtering through his mind. He found that the man was only 124 and was a part of the guard for the Lord of the Vampires. He finally found what he was looking for. The reason he had come here. Someone sent him... though that was all he could find. That was coincidental...

Perhaps it had something to do with the Vampire Lord. Fenrir had sought him out. Perhaps Loculus would do the same. Of course, Vampires were a lot more subtle than sending a barrage of Betas to someone's place with a warning.

At the man's silence, Harry felt awkward so he began to speak again, "Would you care for a drink?"

"It's on me!"

The Vampire nodded and took up a stool next to the one Harry had already made himself comfortable on after retrieving his bag. By then, the bar had gone back to its usual noise level - loud - and that left them to have a nice conversation. He was hesitant at first but Harry - or Noir - had a way with words that would make Snape wear pink. It was scary...

Eventually, the bar was closing and Harry and Albert Dean, as he later came to know, was stuck in an intense discussion on Creature Rights and Laws. It was lucky that they were on the same side or Harry would be done for. He came to know that Albert, or Albie as his friends called him, was a Half-Breed. His father was a Wizard, pureblood, and his mother a Vampire. It was a Romeo and Juliet situation that ended for both his parents to be dead by their own families. It was a miracle that he had come out of it unscathed. Luckily, Francois Loculus, the Vampire Lord, had taken pity on him and allowed him to join his ranks. He was emotional to even talk about it.

"What about you?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

Harry thought for a moment "What about me?"

"What's your sob story? I'm almost certain you have one," he chuckled.

Harry couldn't exactly tell his entire story. It would take up several books, movies and perhaps a couple of books saying what would happen if he wasn't Dark.

"It's complicated," he settled, "More complicated than yours, I'm sure."

Dean raised an eyebrow, "Is that so?"

Harry nodded, looking to his shoes. They were walking the streets of Knockturn at night and he felt safer than he was in Hogwarts. Harry led him to Colten Alley where they promptly slipped in. The compulsion charm he added to the wall seemed to wash over Albie and he went still. Compulsion Charms were a tricky business but he had too many close calls with spies. He charmed it so that unless they were able to overpower it, which was unlikely, they felt overly compelled to tell the truth. It was borderline Imperius curse Harry waved the spell off and led him into the bar which was packed up, as it was a Wednesday.

Harry entered the room and placed his backpack down on the countertop walking around as if he owned the place. Oh, wait...

"What is this place?" Albert asked, admiring the rather posh setting. It was decorated with red, though not Gryffindor Red, and the floor was shiny black. Booths were floating above them and they seemed to go on for another 10 floors - thanks to Expansion Charms, Duplication Charms and Illusion Charms. Flitwick would be proud.

"Welcome to Demeure Des Ombres," he said dramatically putting his hands up in the air. It was the most fitting and fancy name he could think of, not to mention completely random. (Abode of the Shadows)

The Vampire looked at him, "Parlez-vous français?" (not Google Translate)

"Nope!" he said not popping the 'P'. @StopThePop; He found a dictionary, okay?

Albert nodded, taking in the place.

"So where did you find out about this place?"

Harry had forgotten that Albert had walked through a wall. To Harry, it seemed normal.

"It's easy to find if you own it," he chuckled at his gaping friend. It was obvious that whoever sent him didn't tell him much.

"No way!" he managed to breathe out, "What are you? Twenty?"

Harry chuckled again, giving no information to the man.

"How much money do you have?!" he shouted playfully.

"Enough," he shrugged, "If you would follow me."

Harry made his way to his office and sat behind his mahogany desk with a Butterbeer in hand as he talked to Albert. It was the first time he had a good conversation with someone in a long time, other than Fenrir, of course, and he wasn't going to tell him about being 'friends with the leader of their kinds' worst enemies.

"You're welcome here on the weekends. I'm open then."

Harry had told his friend of his successful business except for the fact that they were all Werewolves and he seemed proud.

"Tell the Great Lord Loculus I would rather him not send spies again though."

Before he could say anything back, he locked the wards and disapparated.

Comment any suggestions you guys may have!

-Alysha

Loculus- Latin for Coffin