𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓞𝓷𝓮

They walked in silence, the light layer of snow crunching under their feet as they made their way through the garden. The air was cold, and every once in awhile the wind would softly blow through their hair, and prickle at their nose and finger tips.

"So.." Sirius said, glancing at Estelle as she strolled beside him.

She flicked her eyes up to meet his, holding his glance for a moment. "So, what?" She said, emphasizing on the T.

"We, well we-" Sirius mumbled, before Estelle cut him off.

"We kissed." She said, and stopped walking. Her voice was clear, and she looked him directly in the eyes.

"Yeah we did.." His eyes were aimed downward towards her feet.

"You don't sound too happy about that." Estelle said, cocking her head to the side and crossing her arms.

Sirius looked up from the ground, a look that appeared either frightened or affronted. "No, no, its not that Im not..Its just that, we are friends... and now everything is...ruined."

Estelle took a step towards Sirius and reached for his hand, he flinched it back. She looked up to him with furrowed brows; and slowly pulled back her outstretched hand, folding it with her other in front of her chest.

"We are still friends Sirius. Why would a New Years kiss ruin anything?" She said, shaking her head and taking a step backwards.

"I just don't want you to get confused and hurt.. I know that your emotions are.. fragile.. right now." Sirius said, and he immediately knew it was a mistake. But he didn't take it back.

Estelles raised her eyebrows and stared at him a moment. She appeared to be at a loss for words, but in fact she was trying not to burst with all of the very mean things she would like to say.

"Fragile? Me? I think the only fragile thing here is you and your ego. Don't want to lose the playboy reputation do you Sirius? Just want to be a dog who gets jealous when others get attention , but bite when someone approaches you?" She said with a scary calm voice, but anger bled into her words.

"My reputation? This is not about that! This is about you." There was something about the way Sirius spat the word "you" that sunk into Estelle. She looked into his eyes. The ones that only hours ago had been inches from her face, staring at her with what could have been love. Now they looked stormy and cruel, and the words he spoke were waves that crashed and destroyed.

"What about me Sirius? Are you about to accuse me of something? Afraid I put some kind of spell on you?" She spat.

"You know what, maybe you did. I definitely felt pretty out of it." He said, squaring his shoulders off.

She mimicked his posture, filling all of the space she could even though he was many inches taller than her.

"How dare you? You were drunk you asshole!"

"Yes, and that probably made me more susceptible to that sort of thing." He said frantically searching for words to say.

Estelles heart sank, because at this moment she realized he wasn't saying words out of anger... But he truly believed she would do this to him.

Sirius noticed how her face fell and his heart clenched, he made the slightest movement to reach his hand out but stopped. Balling it in a fist by his side.

Her eyes darted down to his fist, and she looked at his angry expression in horror. Her body shrinking into a more defensive position. Sirius hadn't realized why.

"I-I would never do that to you." She managed to squeak out, her eyes darting up and down from his fist to his face. Preparing herself as the images flooding through her head swirled her into a delusion that he would ever hurt her.