Delta Halo (Halo 2)

(Before this chapter starts i was not planning to do a Halloween special. So instead including this chapter, at random times today i will post 3 chapters in total to celebrate Halloween. So i hope you enjoy this chapter and the rest that are soon to come.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Slipspace rupture appears in space. Regret's Carrier comes out, followed by some debris from New Mombasa and the In Amber Clad.

Commander Miranda Keyes: (lurches forward, grunts) "Report!"

Ship Operations Officer: "Both engine cores have spun to zero. We're drifting."

Weapons Officer: "Archer pods are cold. I'll need to re-key the system."

Commander Miranda Keyes: "Do it, and find out where we are."

Pan over to a room lined with HEVs.

Commander Miranda Keyes (COM): "Sorry for the quick jump, Sergeant. You in one piece?"

Johnson is inside a HEV pod, smoking a smashed cigar.

Sergeant Major Avery Junior Johnson: "I'm good. Spartans?"

Cortana: "We're fine."

Communications Officer: "Ma'am, there's an object. Coming into view now."

Commander Miranda Keyes: (stares in amazement) "Cortana, what exactly am I looking at?"

The Amber Clad heads toward Delta Halo.

Cortana: "That... is another Halo."

Sergeant Major Avery Junior Johnson: (chokes) "Say what?!"

Commander Miranda Keyes: "So this is what my father found... " (gazes at Halo) "I thought Halo was some sort of superweapon."

Cortana: "It is. If activated, this ring will cause destruction on a galactic scale."

In the pods, you and Chief looks at Halo on your respected viewscreen. The words "CLASSIFIED" and a notice from the Office of Naval Intelligence appear over the image.

Commander Miranda Keyes: "I want all the information you've got on the first Halo. Schematics, topography, whatever. I don't care if I have the clearance or not."

Cortana: "Yes, ma'am."

Commander Miranda Keyes: "Where's our target?"

Communications Officer: "The enemy ship has stopped above the ring, ma'am. We're going to pass right over it."

Commander Miranda Keyes: "Perfect. Given what we know about this ring, it's even more important that we capture the Prophet of Regret. Find out why he came to Earth, why he came here. Noble, take first platoon. Hard drop, secure a landing zone. Sergeant, you and Chief will load up two flights of Pelicans and follow them in."

Sergeant Major Avery Junior Johnson: "Aye aye, ma'am."

Johnson and Chief exits their pod. The Chief turns to look towards your pod.

Master Chief: "You be careful alright."

You looked back at her as you nod your head as she follows Johnson away from the pods.

Commander Miranda Keyes: "Until I can move and fight I'm going to keep a low profile. Once you leave the ship, you're on your own."

With Chief standing next to him, Johnson knocks twice on the hatch of your pod as he is walking by, you pound back in acknowledgment.