Chapter 23: Rain

A/N: You guys have trust issues my goodness 💀 I don't know if that's my fault from previous stories lmao 

~🥀~

Six Years Ago 

"What's this one?" Akai asked his girlfriend, Shiyuna, as they sat on a field.

"Gentian" Shiyuna answered, pointing to the blue flowers that surrounded a good portion of the field. 

"You can be like, a florist or something" Akai acknowledge. 

"My mother doesn't support that" Shiyuna said, getting up from the ground, Akai following soon after. 

"Who cares what she says. If it's what you want to do, then her say doesn't matter" Akai pointed out as he reached for Shiyuna's hand.

"I know I know. So, you're going to be studying far soon, to be a doctor" Shiyuna said as they walked side by side.

"Thinking about it. I feel like an asshole to leave you here" Akai mumbled. 

"Hey, I'm not here to slow you down. If you want to be a doctor, I support you in any way I can" Shiyuna argued.

"Thank you. I was talking to some of the doctors at the local hospital. They were weirded out when they found out my quirk isn't medical at all. Said I wouldn't go too far" Akai mentioned, stopping in their tracks as they looked at each other. "No one really wants someone who can create weapons at will in the medical field." (Laughs in Rewind)

"But it's what you want to do, so it doesn't matter what they say" Shiyuna sighed, copying what Akai told her a few minutes ago. "What kind of doctor were you trying to be?" She continued as they began walking again. 

"Heart specialist, I want to help a lot of people" Akai answered. 

"You-" Shiyuna started but someone approached them quickly. 

"Give me all your money!" The man yelled, pointing his gun at the couple. Akai formed his own gun in his hands and Shiyuna spoke to the man. 

"Get out of here and turn yourself in" Shiyuna commanded. The man stiffened but turned away from the duo, and started walking towards the police station in a trance. 

And with that, the couple went on their way. 

~🥀~

Shiyuna stood in the bathroom, looking in the mirror with tears in her eyes. She had taken a pregnancy test, due to her missing her period two months in a row. 

And sure enough, the test came up positive. 

She didn't know what to do, Akai was leaving to study soon. But he had the right to know, and so did her mother. 

So Shiyuna took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom and towards the kitchen. Her mother was doing some paperwork she had brought home from the office. 

"Mom" Shiyuna called, standing straight as she looked at her mother. 

"What?" Her mother asked, continuing to write.