Chapter-07

(Riya leaves early for the hospital, so she doesn't have to face anyone in her family

(Riya leaves early for the hospital, so she doesn't have to face anyone in her family. She reaches her cabin and sits alone, as there's still an hour before her duty starts. She sighs and leans back onto her chair, thinking about the marriage proposal.)

Riya- I just wish that this decision at least brings some happiness to my life. Let's just give it a chance. And one last chance to myself. And if I seriously don't deserve happiness... then I'll finish myself.

(On the other side, Manik gets ready and comes down to the hall, using his phone. He is leaving the house, still busy on his phone and meeting no one at which Neyonika and Raj look at each other, and Raj gets up from his seat.)

Raj- Manik.

(Manik palms his face on listening his voice and Raj takes a deep breath to control his anger. The former then turns back to Raj and gives him a sarcastic smile.)

Manik- Bad morning Mr. Malhotra. Kyunki subha subha aap ki shakal dekh ke iss subha mein kuch acha to bacha nahi hai.

[Manik- Bad morning Mr. Malhotra. As I have seen your face in the morning itself, nothing good is left this morning.]

Neyonika- Please Manik. Kabhi to apni ye silly taunts mat mara karo. Tum se kuch important baat karni hai hume.

[Neyonika- Please Manik. Just stop these silly taunts of yours, at least for some time. We need to talk to you about something important.]

Manik- Of course! Phir se koyi nayi deal hai ab? Ab kya karne wale hain aap dono?

[Manik- Of course. There's again a new deal now? What are you guys doing now?

Raj- You have to meet Riya today, Manik. We have said yes from your side.

(Manik's expressions soften a little on hearing about Riya, but he quickly covers it up.)

Manik (coldly)- Fine. Her address?

Raj- Dr Riya Dixit. Neurosurgeon at Mumbai Health Care Hospital. She's Asia's youngest, most successful neurosurgeon Manik and I don't want any drama. You can meet her at the hospital... I will ask her family to inform her about you coming too.