The Rosling and the Kindred Spirit

Carefully leaning forward, Shelby nudged at one of the roses with her sword, trying to clear a bit of the flowers so she could see. 

Cautiously parting one of the last brambles, she peered into the shrubbery.

There, indeed, was a body. 

Shelby noticed a few things. 

Pale skin on red and pink. Roses strewn about in the long, thick brown hair. 

It was a girl, alright. She looked like a young adult, a teenager, even, how Shubble and Katherine looked and probably would be aged if it wasn't for the fact that they were both magical creatures with extended life-spans. 

Shelby even noticed a rose thorn wrapped around the arm.

But there was one thing that stood out the most to Shubble as she was looking at the mysterious girl in the rose brambles. And this was one small, important fact. 

The girl's pink hoodie rippled with breath.

That, and how, slowly, the girl's eyes started to open.

Shubble leaped back, standing protectively in front of Katherine. 

"Who-" started Katherine, but stopped when she saw the girl's eyes opening, like she had just woken from a nap. Rising from her "sleeping" place, the girl groggily blinked. 

"Puffy?" She asked quietly. "Niki? Is that you?" Then her eyes opened further. "You're not Puffy or Niki," The girl quietly accused. "Who are you?" 

The roses started to bloom violently around her. Katherine stepped up, ready to answer, when all of the sudden bamboo shot up around her.

"What on earth!" She said almost angrily.

 Suddenly, a boy crashed through the rose brambles, his own expression also quite miffed. 

"Hannah!" He exclaimed with much zeal, like she was his best friend. "There you are!! I've been looking for you for hours! I sensed you the moment you crash-landed." 

Shubble took in the new boy, shook by how much he resembled her, with pale skin, mushrooms growing out of his short brown hair, and a mossy cape on his shoulders. Although he also had a light blue hoodie and round white glasses, he still resembled Shubble a great deal.

Shubble held back a gasp as she realized that this boy was also a kindred spirit, the same mana of a forest guardian. Maybe even a forest god. 

Maybe he sensed it too, that he was in the presence of magical creatures, because the bamboo slowly shriveled into the ground, and he looked less accusingly at Katherine and Shubble.

By now the rose girl had gotten up on her feet, and was standing cautiously near the pale forest boy, as if she was unsure of what was happening. 

"George-" She whispered quietly. "Where are we?"