Chapter 94

"Water. Water, Harry, water" Dumbledore asked as he sat on the hard crystal-like structure where Voldemort had hidden a Horcrux, an object infused with a piece of his soul. One that was identical to six others, six others that if they were destroyed, so would Voldemort be.

The hexagonal green locket was now tucked into Harry's pocket as he summed water into the small basin, but he was unable to scoop it up as Dumbledore called for water.

A deathly sort of potion had been guarding the locket, the only way of getting to it was for someone to drink the potion. And Dumbledore had, Harry having to force it down his throat at times as it caused the older wizard indescribable amounts of pain.

And now that it was done and they'd retrieved the locket, he needed water, but Harry was unable to pick some up.

So, he did the only thing he could do, he made his way down to the water's edge, the dark and spooky depths that Dumbledore had summoned a small boat for them to cross to this little island.

The waters had given Harry the impression that he wasn't to touch them much less drink from them, but now he was left with no choice.

And as his skin made contact with the cold, dark waters, Dumbledore's ball of light that he'd summoned went out, and Harry's breathing became heavy as his heart began to race.

"Lumos," Harry spoke as the end of his wand lit up and he again reached down to the waters.

Only for something to burst forth and grab his hand.

Harry dropped the little shell he'd been using to scoop up the water as he jumped back, on his feet as he held out his wand, trying to see the monsters that lurked in the water as he summoned another ball of light into the air.

And the dead began to rise.

The monsters that lurked in the lake looked like decayed bodies, shrivelled up skeletons rising from the water as they made their way towards Harry.

"Stupefy! Sectumsempra!" Harry screamed as he retreated backwards, more and more of the creatures rising from the frigid water, fear and panic seeping into his heart as Dumbledore lay motionless, murmuring Harry's name.

And Harry's wand fell from his hand as the creatures grabbed his legs and the sleeve of his jacket was pulled up to reveal a white orb secured around his wrist by a leather cord.

"LENA!" Harry cried out as he managed to smash the orb against the crystal rocks, and it shattered.

And Leona Black materialised right as Harry was pulled underwater.

"INCENDIO!" the girl exclaimed, a ring of fire bursting forth from her as she burned the mutant monsters to a crisp.

Her hands moved in circles, a great wave of fire following her movements as the creatures retreated to the depths, and she sent a fireball after them.

Her aim was flawless as she hit the creature that pulled Harry underwater and the boy began to swim for the surface, the sight of his sister controlling fire the way she did, one to behold.

"Harry!" she exclaimed, dropping her hands, the fire still raging as she pulled him up onto the shore. "What the hell is going on?" she asked as they made their way over to Dumbledore who'd managed to clutch his wand and haul himself to his feet.

"I'll explain later! Help me get him into the boat," Harry panted as they each put one of Dumbledore's arms over their shoulders.

"Partis Temporus!" Leona called and the fire responded to her will as a path back to the exit was formed, the heat already drying off Harry as they got back to the boat.

Boy was he glad to see her.