Chapter 6

"Alright! Whoo!" Chaeryeong slammed onto the locker as the rest of the team continued preparing for the game.

Ryujin brought her knee up to her chest and stretched, side eyeing Chaeryeong. "You do know that you aren't allowed to take any 'enhancements', right?" She brought her leg down and cracked her knuckles.

Chaeryeong rolled her eyes as she rested her foot on the bench, stretching out her leg. "What makes you think I took drugs, I'm just excited. For the game and also because Choi Jisu promised she'll go together with me to the party if we win."

"So" She walked closer to Ryujin and poked her finger on her chest. "We better win." Ryujin scoffed and chuckled, swatting her finger away. "Of course we're going to win. Now come on and continue stretching. I don't want you to pull that bullshit excuse of that player fouling you just because you got a cramp in your leg, again." Ryujin reminded her before heading off to the other teammates, giving them a pep talk. 

Chaeryeong mumbled under her breath as she caught up with Ryujin.

"Minju, please." Yeji pleaded once again. Minju kept her gaze ahead, pretending not to hear her best friend.

"Come on, you've once told me you would do anything for me. Even kill." Yeji mentioned as she took a bite of her granola bar. "Yah, that didn't mean that I would go as a third wheel for you." She turned to face Yeji and took the granola bar out of her hand, putting the rest of it in her mouth. 

"Hey! I was eating that." Yeji protested but Minju continued on chewing. "You can have it back in 1-2 business days." She said, swallowing it. Yeji grimaced and shook her head. "Never mind. And you're not going to be a third wheel. You and I are going, remember?" 

"No, you and Ryujin are going, and you are dragging me along." Minju scooted back as another couple of people filled up the bleacher they were sitting in.

They both were currently waiting for the game to start, just like the rest of the gym.

"For the last time, me and Ryujin aren't going together. She's just picking me up, taking me there, and dropping me off-God! Are me and Ryujin going together?!" Yeji said in realization, saying it out loud.

Minju rolled her eyes. "For a tutor, you're awfully slow." She commented as she craned her neck to see the cheerleaders run in. "And obviously you and Ryujin are going together. You know, it seems to me that she kinda likes you." She teasingly nudges Yeji as the brunette blushes over that fact.

Yeji fixes she glasses and clears her throat. "She isn't into me. Why would she be?" She says as her gaze lands on Yeri, who was doing the routine, and Choi Jisu beside her. "That kiss probably meant nothing." She whispered to herself, but Minju heard it.

"What! Excuse me, what?" She held onto Yeji's shoulders and looked her in the eyes. "You and Ryujin kissed?!" She whisper shouted, feeling the stares of others on her back. 

Yeji took her hands off of her and fixed her now wrinkled top. "Kind of. It wasn't even a real kiss, sort of like a brush of our lips. A car had come up and made us snap out of it." Yeji grumbled, feeling a little angry at that damn car for driving up when it did.

"So, you guys would've kissed if you weren't interrupted?" Minju asked with one eyebrow raised. Yeji contemplates for a second before her cheeks turned red. Minju squealed, already getting the answer.

"Oh my God! I'm already planning your wedding in my head." She exclaimed as Yeji shoved her away. 

She didn't have to tell her best friend to shut up as the lights dimmed and people began to cheer. Soon, the home team came out of the door, everyone yelling loudly for them.