chapter 18

Chapter 18: Shadows Awaken

Hello, Hello. Why yes this is the chapter that the founders start teaching them some things and a little black book will make an appearance. No, Tom will not be in this chapter though, next chapter. But never fear, this chapter will still keep your attention and give a little insight on how powerful the group is.

I do not own any part of Harry Potter.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

Chapter 18 – Shadows Awaken

Things progressed as November passed. Ginny had been given a black diary from an admirer, something Fred and George wouldn't stop teasing her about. She never touched it after throwing it into her trunk. Harry's plan was almost set, as they found a number of students willing to give a vow of loyalty to Harry and help in any way they could. Many of them were sixth and seventh year Ravens and Snakes. Classes were easy for all of them because even though they were gathering students for their cause, they also kept to the schedule the year before set. The studied together, kept up their spell work by dueling, the potion lab was always in use by someone, and Harry even started making the whole Pack do physical training with him. While the Pack did the Physical training and learned some hand to hand combat, Luna and Ginny were the only ones who wanted to learn a weapon too. Harry had started their training with their own weapons of their choice, senbons (throwing needles) and daggers. They spent an hour after the other would leave just practicing, Luna with her needles, Ginny with her daggers, and Harry with the knives his aunt gifted him when he was 11.

A week before Yule break started was when the founders decided to test the capacity of the Pack. They waited till the whole Pack was together in the common room talking and relaxing before they spoke up about teaching them all. "Harrison we have a test we would like you all to take. Will you?" Rowena's voice silenced the Pack.

Harry looked at the founders in question. "What type of test?"

Helga smiled at the Pack. "It's a test many of our own students had to take. It helped them pick classes that matched with their magical affinity. We wish to have each of you take this test so we know what we can teach you as a group and what to teach you individually."

Hermione blinked in shock once before Harry swore he could see stars appear in her eyes. "Teach? You want to teach us?" Her voice went up an octave in her excitement.

Godric chuckled, "She reminds me of you, Rowena. You got just as excited when you got your hands on new knowledge."

"Hush Godric. If I remember you got that way when you saw a sword you liked." Rowena glared at him.

Salazar rolled his eyes at the bantering pair. He turned his attention to the amused Pack. "It's a simple test. Just take a potion and go into a meditation. When you are in a peaceful state, images will appear before you. Remember them because when you come out you need to tell us them. Each image you see will be something you will find your magic more inclined to work with."

"What's the potion and where can we get it?" Neville asked.

"You will need to make it in your lab. My personal potion book is in the library. The potion is called Conperio Peritia. It will take three days to make but the ingredients are common. After the potions are done you will all do the test four at a time. That way the four waiting can cast the spell needed. Then you can switch. Understand?" Salazar gave each of them a look over. They all nodded.

"Now that that is out of the way. When we know what you all can learn we will make up a schedule." Godric took their attention. "Go find the potion book, and get started."