𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐: 𝐑𝐄𝐉𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐓𝐇 + 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐: 𝐑𝐄𝐉𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐓𝐇 + WILLOW TELLS THE TRUTH

"There's no specific reason why I told you. Life is short, Bianca is proof of that. I told you because...I just thought you should know."

     ESSENCE 'ERIS' LEWIS WAS TIRED.

    She wanted to go home, wrap herself in Katherine and Lena's arms, and maybe cry a lot.

   Two of her teammates die, her birth mom wanted nothing to do with her, she had to tell a kid his sister died, and her arms still hurt from holding the world on her shoulders...she just really wanted to go home.

   Mount Olympus was...interesting.

In the early-morning darkness, torches and fires made the mountainside palaces glow twenty different colors, from bloodred to indigo. Apparently no one ever slept on Olympus. The twisting streets were full of demigods and nature spirits and minor godlings bustling about, riding chariots or sedan chairs carried by Cyclopes. Winter didn't seem to exist here. Music drifted up from many windows, the soft sounds of lyres and reed pipes. Towering at the peak of the mountain was the greatest palace of all, the glowing white hall of the gods.

Their pegasi set them down in the outer courtyard, in front of huge silver gates. Before anyone could even think to knock, the gates opened by themselves.

Blackjack and his friends flew off, leaving the rest of them alone. For a minute they stood there regarding the palace, the way they'd stood together in front of Westover Hall, what seemed like a million years ago.

Trying to be brave, Eris swallowed before following her friends into the throne room.

Twelve enormous thrones made a U around a central hearth, just like the placement of the cabins at camp. The ceiling above glittered with constellations—even the newest one, Zoë the Huntress, making her way across the heavens with her bow drawn.

All of the seats were occupied. Each god and goddess was about fifteen feet tall, and Eris felt uneasily when they turned their powerful gazes in their direction.

"Welcome, heroes," Artemis said.

"Mooo!"

Eris turned and in a sphere of water was hovering in the center of the room, next to the hearth fire. Bessie was swimming happily around, swishing his serpent tail and poking his head out the sides and bottom of the sphere. He seemed to be enjoying the novelty of swimming in a magic bubble. Grover was kneeling at Zeus's throne, as if he'd just been giving a report, but when he saw them, he cried, "You made it!"

He started to run toward them, then remembered he was turning his back on Zeus, and looked for permission.

"Go on," Zeus said. But he wasn't really paying attention to Grover. The lord of the sky was staring intently at Thalia.