Fifth Year // Chapter 14

Once everyone had seen Dad we went back to Grimmauld Place, which was good for Harry because he looked like complete shit. Mum sent him straight up to bed while the rest of us began to haul out Christmas decorations from the basement. We sorted through boxes of decorations and ornaments, many of which were broken or so old just holding them was dangerous. The only one that Sirius saved from getting thrown was a small little handmade ornament, it was green and silver on one side, and scarlet and gold on the other. 

"My little brother made this for my first Christmas back home. Granted he had to hide it on the back of the tree so Mother and Father wouldn't have to be reminded of the disappointment of having a Gryffindor son." Sirius took the small ornament upstairs and stayed upstairs for quite a while. 

The next day was more decorating, Sirius, Fred, George, Bill, and Remus (who showed up sometime later the previous night) were hanging up tinsel and holly singing Christmas carols at the top of their lungs. I was with Ginny, Ron, and Mum in the living room getting the Christmas tree all decked out. Lunch that afternoon consisted of simple sandwiches and Sirius and Remus telling stories from their Christmas breaks of years past.

At six o'clock the doorbell rang causing all of us to look over in concern. Mum told us all to get into the study as quickly as we could, while she, Remus, and Sirius all approached the door with their wands drawn. After we were all in the study and quiet the adults opened to door. We expected to hear shouts and crashing of spells hitting the walls, but instead, we heard a voice none of us expected to hear.

"Sorry for the unannounced arrival Mrs. Weasley." I whipped my head over to look at Ron, who was also shocked. 

"Oh don't worry dear, I'm sure the kids will be happy to see you!" Mum said, her voice approaching closer to the study. Soon she opened the door and standing next to her was none other than the resident book nerd of Gryffindor.

"Mione!" I said jumping over Fred's legs that were outstretched on the floor, and into the arms of my bestie. "What on earth are you doing here?! You're supposed to be skiing with your parents!"

"Well, skiing never has been my thing, and after what McGonagall told a select few of us, we decided I should check on you guys and make sure that-"

"Who are the select few?" Ron interrupted her. I reached over and slapped the back of his head causing him to mutter an apology to Hermione. She signed and continued on. 

"McGonagall informed Neville, Dean, and me about what happened. She wanted to inform Seamus as well but ... he refused to come with us to her office. Since it had something to do with Harry."

I groaned at how immature Seamus was continuing to be, however, I just hoped soon he would see how stupid he was being by ignoring our warnings. Mum offered to make Hermione some food or drink but she said she was okay until dinner. Suddenly Hermione looked dead at Ron.

"Where is Harry?" Ron shrugged and I sighed. 

"He's been hiding upstairs since we came back from the hospital," I said poking my head into the kitchen. "Mum, could you light a fire in Ron's room? I think we're all going to talk to Harry in there and it's been pretty cold today."

"Of course dear!" Mum went upstairs with us right behind. Hermione went up to Buckbeaks room the only room he could have been hiding in. Ron, Ginny, and I made ourselves comfortable waiting for the others. Finally, after five minutes, Hermione walked into the room followed by Harry. Hermione sat down beside Ginny while Harry sat down a bit away from us.

"How're you feeling?" asked Hermione. 

"Fine," said Harry stiffly. 

"Oh, don't lie, Harry," she said impatiently. "Ron, Lori, and Ginny say you've been hiding from everyone since you got back from St. Mungo's."