Chapter 7: Christmas Truce And A New Alliance

TIME: CHRISTMAS DAY, 16:00

LOCATION: JOINT BASE PEARL HARBOR-HICKAM

ADMIRAL'S OFFICE

JOHN'S POV

John: What?!

This is outrageous!...

1 HOUR BEFORE

I was enjoying my Christmas break after finishing ANOTHER bunch of paperwork for 2 days straight.

This feels nice...

Standing on the bow of the Missouri, sipping my cappuccino, I turned my gaze towards the Arizona Memorial. Back in 41' in the Pearl Harbor attack, my grandpa was on the Arizona when the ship exploded. He fought valiantly until the end and became the inspiration for me to join the Navy and eventually ended up as the admiral in charge of Pearl Harbor. However, after that disastrous operation, I started doubting my ability.

I should've denied that mission instead...

That mission wasn't a mandatory one and I could've easily ignored it but curiosity took the better of me since I was quite interested in what was happening at the atoll after a dramatic increase of Abyssals activity around the area.

John: *sigh*

Suddenly, my phone rang.

Who's calling?...

I answered the call.

John: John here, what's the matter

???: Admiral, you have a visitor from the mainland

Visitor? Who might that be?...

John: I see, tell them to wait for a bit

???: Roger that

Then I hung up.

BACK TO THE PRESENT

???: Just as I said, that's the mission

John: Have they even read the reports?! That guy can take down hundreds of Abyssals at once and now those morons are telling me to launch an assault?!

My sudden outburst surprised the person sitting on the opposite side- who wasn't used to seeing this side of me. She was Lisa Taylor- an admiral in charge of the ships in the San Diego naval station and a close friend of mine when we were still in the naval academy.

Lisa: I know this is outrageous! My girls also have to participate so I know your feeling which is why you need to calm the hell down first!