14. Protection

Y/N...the demon of white and red had a tough decision to make. The choices were either, A he went down into the train and helped to protect any civilians the others couldn't get to, B he stayed atop the train with the demon slayers Tanjiro and Inosuke to find the head of the demon and cut it off, or C, he returned to the person most connected to his heart, and spend some time assisting him in case this would be his/their last moments together. The decision, had to be made quickly. The demon grew anxious, before tensing up and smirking. He soon relaxed, and held a sinister grin on his face. 

Why couldn't he do all of them?!

^Y/N POV^

The air around me began to heat up, as my heart raced in my chest.  My leg muscles grew tight and my feet began to shake rapidly. I couldn't tell you why, but a sudden burst of adrenaline and pent up aggravation/stress, fueled the small burning flames on my small coal heart. Everything within me grew, but my body did as well. I grew a whole foot taller than my normal height. Blood rushed to my entire lower body, strengthening my muscles and giving me more stamina than I could have hoped to have. I let out a few pants of adrenaline, and watched as the steaming hot air blew from my body. 

Crouching down a little, I bolted forwards, at the highest speed I could possibly achieve. The wind blew through my hair as I quickly entered the train. I shot across different parts of the train, laughing like a maniac, punching/slicing into the fleshy tendrils of our new demon friend. "This...overwhelming amount of power! It feels so amazing!" I shouted out happily as I gritted my teeth. I groaned a little as I flew towards a car, just barely making it in time to save Rengoku from whatever would have gotten him. I crushed the tentacle in my head and stood tall over Rengoku, my back facing him. I turned my head a bit to the left, and noticed that my face had completely changed using the reflection in the window.

My eyes, they were now completely pink, almost glowing in their neon state. No pupils, nothing but irises. My skin, had grown to have a few cherry blossom petals coming out of my sideburns, which smelled amazing. My hair grew long, a bit past my shoulders, and aside from the original color, the roots were red. My body was more slim, and my face had slightly softer features. My Haori, which was somehow connected to my body, went from being white and pink, to black and cherry red. The blossoms had turned into partially crushed and split cherries. And we couldn't forget the horn protruding from my forehead. The colors were in an Ombre design, and spiraled around it. The colors went from black to pink, then red to white. 

I heard the sound of something quickly cutting through the air, and ducked to avoid being struck by whatever it was

I heard the sound of something quickly cutting through the air, and ducked to avoid being struck by whatever it was. When I turned around and prepared my fighting stance, I saw a seemingly stressed out Rengoku beside me, preparing to slice once more. My eyes widened and I quickly held out my hands. "I have no time to deal with you!" He said raising his blade. "W-wait its me, Rengoku! Y/N." I said frantically as I reached into my shirt and grabbed the hand made blade. Rengoku tilted his head in confusion, and grew a bit flustered. "I see. My apologies, Y/N. I could hardly recognize you, even your voice has changed." He said apologetically. "I nodded, "Yeah yeah, just get back to fighting."