Chapter 16

*3rd POV*

Life in Africa for months has been a blast, the animals in the Savanna were so kind to the human survivor after she helped to rescue Alex and his father from the tourists and they treated her like a goddess (similar how the lemurs treat her as well). You would swing on vines with chimpanzees through the green jungle, collecting fruits, swimming with elephants and hippopotamuses, wrestle some lions and gorillas, and scaring off hunters/poachers at night.

But today is a special day for a lion. It's Alex's birthday and Y/n is very is excited to celebrate this event; after she arrived at a deserted island at a very young age, Y/n would celebrate her birthday by herself with fruits and King Julien's jungle party he threw every year. Your animal friends are planning to surprised him by sculpting a smaller version of New York City which sounds like an amazing idea. While your friends start sculpting, you ran off to find Alex.

————————
————————

*Y/n's POV*

————————
————————

I dash through the tall dry grass avoiding some hidden objects underneath the yellow plants, his scent is close somewhere in the savanna.

For a few minutes, I found him sleeping next to a wooden board that is marked with tally marks indicating when the penguins are coming back. You know, it's been months since we last saw them when they took off on Skipper's honeymoon. I hope they come back soon or I'll have a serious talk with them (except Private because he's too innocent to handle the conversation).

I slowly crawl towards the sleeping lion and noticing he is having a nightmare. I could hear him muttering something about his friends are old so I reach out my hand to shake his shoulder. But this startle him after he woke up from a scary dream. This cause Y/n to jump back a bit.

Alex: "Oh! Y/n, sorry I didn't mean to scare you." He apologized hoping he didn't hit or scratch her.

Y/n: "It's fine Alex, you were just having a bad dream." You said and pet his mane. You gotta admit, his mane feels fluffy to pet it. Alex enjoys the petting ever since you first met him and his friends on Madagascar, your touches soothe his wild instincts after what happened at the lemur party a few years ago. It works every times, he likes to be petted on the head, behind his ears, and under his chin. But now his stomach due to him being ticklish.

————————
————————

*3rd POV*

————————
————————

Y/n then started talking again after you and his friends saved him and his dad from a group of humans who were about to roast him like a pig in a luau. Ughh, you couldn't imagine that image glued inside your mind. His parents were very kind on making you watch over him as a bodyguard towards the alpha lion's son.

Y/n: "Your friends and I want to show you something, you would love it so much." You said, pulling him up from the ground as he stood up.

Alex: "Alright, lead the way." He said as you smiled and carry him bridal style. Alex is surprised on strong you are getting which is from surviving in a stranded islands for years. He put his arms around your neck with his large paws on the back of your head. This is like a prince saving a princess from a fire-breathing dragon (reference from Shrek).

You ran through the tall grasses while Alex hold on to you so he won't fall and hopping his sharp claws don't pierce through your skin. It's adorable seeing his reaction when Y/n runs through the tall grasses and watching out fog rocks or sticks hiding inside the thick, tall field. But you manage to avoid it by jumping or moving it to the other side.