Chapter 29

*SLAP!*

"You're saying that this is your salary?! This puny money won't get us anywhere for goodness sake!! You're already sixteen Namae!!"

'Where am I?' Namae thought in her subconscious mind.

She was recalling a memory. Memories from her past life to be exact.

"Mom, I need money for my school project." Her brother said.

"Oh my, how much do you need?" Her mother's tone changed sweetly.

"20,000 yen. I also need to buy some stuff."

"Alright, alright. Here you go." Namae's mom quickly conceded.

"You need to study hard, my son. So that you won't become too much dependent unlike someone else." She glared at Namae.

"Get out Namae. Earn some money. I don't know, look for money on the street or go beg some from rich people. We still need food for dinner." Her mom added.

Namae hesitated. "But-"

"Now."

With that one word, Namae went out from her house and blankly walked on the streets.

She was already sixteen. She's the oldest child.

That's why she should earn money for her family. That's why it's her responsibility to feed her family.

Her dad left the family because of her. Her family is suffering because of her.

Her life is ruined, because of her.

There came a time where she questioned about her existence.

"Hahh. Am I gonna be like this forever?" She stared at the deep skies.

At that moment, Namae realized that everything in this world...

Revolves around money.

Hotels, malls, school, and building won't exist without money. Work won't exist without money. Food can't be bought without money.

"Haha what a sh'tty life." She chuckled as a tear escaped from her eye.

That time, Namae decided to work hard- until she's of legal age, in order to leave that trashy family of hers.

She decided that she'll be someone who would have enough money in order to live her desired life.

She wanted to have that kind of life. But it was never meant for her... on her first life.

The time she got transmigrated, everything started from the bottom til incredulous opportunities landed on her toes.

Maybe her time to finally have her desired life has come.

She wanted to erase her past completely, maybe that's why she was so in love with the presence of money.

She regarded money as her savior and the way to overcome her past afflictions.

And she never once hated it.

...

"Ugh..."

Namae groaned as she woke up from a long dream.

"Ow-" Namae felt like having cramps on her nape.

'What happened? Wasn't I in Disney Land yesterday?' She glanced around her surrounding.

Namae was in a single room. It looked like a hotel room.

*Knock* *Knock*

After the knocks, the door creaked open and a woman came in.

Long dark blue hair and pretty amethyst eyes- she had the same descriptions like Tanaka's assistant.

It was Nathalia, Genji's assistant. "How are you feeling miss Sei?" She asked

"Uh, erm- where am I?" Namae can't help but admire her beauty up close.

"Is your nape feeling alright?" Nathalia added.

Nathalia knew what her brother did to Namae so she was a bit concerned about her nape.

"Huh? My nape? I'm fine- ah-" Namae felt sudden pain from her nape out of nowhere. 'What happened?' She rubbed her nape.

Namae found it strange as to why she couldn't remember the happenings after she fell unconscious yesterday.

Nathalia just stared at her and just gave Namae a cooling pack. "Then, I'll get ahead first."

She bowed and left after.

Namae was left in a confused state. She put the cooling pack in her nape and she lied on the bed.

Namae suddenly wondered what kind of dream she had before she woke up.

She was sure that it was something crappy so she decided to brush off those thoughts.

"Hahh.. haha.. It sure was a crappy dream." She giggled.

***

Somewhere....

"Mmph! Mmphm!!"

In a certain room with no windows but a door, a woman was tied up in a chair and four men surrounded her.

"Mmphm!! MMPHMM!!"

This time, Ito Kana was the one whose hands and feet were restrained, her mouth tied up, and was blindfolded as well.

Kana's eyes were overflowing with tears.

"Ah, this b'tch is so f'cking noisy." Kai cursed.

*SLAP!*

*THUD*

Eiji was the one who slapped Kana so hard that she went out of balance and she fell to the floor.

"Mmphm-" Kana swallowed her cry.

Amida and Genji just calmly watched the show in a relaxed manner.

They look composed but inside, they were also dying to teach Kana a lesson she'll never forget.

Yesterday, when Namae went missing while the four if them were arguing, they immediately went to search for Namae with the help of their assistants.

They felt like they would lash out any moment without seeing Namae.

Luckily, Eiji's assistant was quick to do his work and he successfully brought Namae back.

According to Nathan's report, it was Ito Kana who did the kidnapping and all.

And now, they finally saw Kana's true colors.

They could no longer see Ito Kana the way they saw her for the first time.

When they met her first, they felt like they were much more obligated to like Kana, rather than liking her with their real feelings.

Alas, they were all deceived by the female lead's halo.

'How should I punish her?' All four of them had the same thoughts within.