Chapter 12

Grandiose is what one would think of when they would look at the tall building standing with pride. " Singh Industries" splayed with pride on the front desk.

Be it the infrastructure or the ambience the company stayed true to its name.

Anisha followed her husband after getting a good look at the building and got on the elevator to reach the top floor.

She was looking around, even in the elevator while fidgeting her hands. Having had enough, Abhimanyu asked, " Nervous?"

" Kind of." she replied in a hushed tone.

" It is only natural to be nervous. I would be worried if you were not." He replied with hands stuffed in his suit pockets.

" Huh?" She was perplexed at his statement and a smirk made its way on his face.

" Aap kitne kharab hai !" ( You are so annoying!)

Just like that he dissipated her nervousness and made her comfortable. The lift doors opened and revealed the top floor and Mr. Abhimanyu MaanSingh was back to being the serious boss he is followed by his new secretary.

All the employees looked up at the site of their boss being followed by a beauty. She seemed new. They quickly made the conclusion it was his new secretary.

Stopping in the middle of top floor between his closest employees Abhimanyu grabbed the hand of his wife/ secretary making a few girls jealous.

" Good morning everyone. Please welcome this lovely lady here, she would be working as my PA. Give a round of applause to " Mrs. Anisha Abhimanyu MaanSingh."

Gasps filled the air along with the roaring sound of applause so she was the boss' wife.

Anisha smiled at them all and said a " Thank you."

" Now you may get back to work." Abhimanyu stated and made a beeline for his office.

Once inside the office he removed his suit jacket while Anisha stared at the view out of the floor to ceiling windows. The sea was visible in the far sight with the hustle and bustle of the roads beneath their feet.

When she turned to face him he was already settled in, " Your cabin is the one adjoining to mine and your job would be to go through these files for now. Also make reports on them. They would be helpful when we are on the same foot as the said projects begin in two or three days. "

With that he handed over three huge files to her.

She nodded her head and went off to her cabin.

Her cabin was cute and classy. There was a window facing the building premises and a desk with a computer. Surprisingly, there was a bouquet of red roses resting on her desk. Lifting the bouquet she read a card that said

I love the colour red, on and around you! Hope you have a great day ahead!

Regards,
Abhi.

She smiled at the card and kept it in her desk drawer before taking a whiff of the roses and settling them in the flask.

" Let's get to work."

Abhimanyu smiled when he saw the way she smiled at the card.

He did not tell or rather inform her of a glass window between the two cabins. It could be turned translucent or transparent on the press of a button and he took advantage of that fact.

Getting seated Anisha started going through the documents and soon he as well started working. Around ten, calls started coming in and Anisha answered them to the best of her ability.

The phone buzzed again and she answered, " Singh Industries. How may I help you?"

" May I speak to my wife?"

" Huh?" Perplexed she looked at the clock on her table and then again at the phone.

" May I speak to my wife Mrs. MaanSingh?"

" Oooh" finally it dawned upon her that it was none other than her husband.

" Yes, oh. Now tell me will you do the honour of having home cooked lunch with all of us?" He asked in his low voice.

" All of us?"

" Yes. Did you have different plans?" He asked curious.

" Who all are 'all of us'?" she asked softly. She was after all not ready for interactions with the other employees yet. It could have been different if Abhimanyu would not have made her introduction as his wife but now the employees would be careful around her and would not interact with her as she would have liked.

" Dad, Bhai ( brother), me and of course you if you decide to join."

Sighing she replied, " I'll be there."

" In my cabin. "

" Yes."

Tiding her desk Anisha rounded her desk and made her way inside Abhimanyu's cabin where she found all the three said men sitting around the table with plates and their tiffins.

She quickly served the four plates present and all the three men literally started gobbling their food. Anisha was amused and just like that she felt at home!

After the lunch, Supreet took a moment and asked her, " So is my son troubling you? I hope he is a good boss."

" No troubles as of now." She replied with a smile and he smiled back.

" Chalo, back to work children."

" Yes, dad." All the three chorused.