Maybe I do. | Adler x Reader Pt 2

NSFW interactions in this chapter !!

♧♧♧♧ (Y/N)'s POV. ♧♧♧♧

The vitals next to our beds quietly beeped. Everyone had already left, leaving us in good hands. It was like a fever dream, but I'm glad we're still alive and going to make a full recovery.
We both got some sleep after yesterdays events, although I was sore and hurting, I was able to work some hours in there. I yawned and stretched until I couldn't anymore due to the pain. When I turned around, Adler was sleeping peacefully. I smiled, sitting up carefully and slowly.

4:39 A.M.
Man, this early? I guess the CIA really did get to me. A yawn left my mouth as I looked around me. A TV played the news and a few commercials as I stayed propped up. My head laid back on the pillow, as my neck was hurting badly. I wasn't quite sure of most to all of my injuries and what they were. Adler's vitals showed on the screen next to us, and I studied the different colored letters, lines and numbers. Adler shuffled as a nurse tip toed into the room.
"Good morning. How are you feeling?" She clapped her hands together quietly while she whispered.
"I'm doing alright. Any updates on him?" I smiled and pointed to Adler.
She shook her head.
"No, unfortunately not. He seems to be in much worse condition. Something about him shielding you as the helicopter went down." She smiled towards him. "So brave.. Wish I could find a man like that these days." The nurse giggled.

I stared at her. She looked at Adler, biting her thumb nail and smiling. Her eyes narrowed and she didn't budge. "Maybe I'll just have to get his number before he gets discharged. Doesn't hurt that he's attractive and probably has a lot of money." She whispered to herself as if I couldnXt hear her. Her attention turned to me as I looked at Adler, sighing lightly.
After hearing her flirt up Adler for a little longer, I was given oatmeal and fruit with some orange juice.

My spoon mixed with the loud oats as I took a bite, mixing the blandness with fruit. My eyes once more dragged me to Adler. I knew he wasn't right to be with, but I didn't care. The little hospital bed table creaked as I moved it, getting up through the pain to tip toe to his bedside. His face looked peaceful. I knew that I shouldn't have stared, and yet I pictured his hands on me. And here I was up and close in his face. I don't believe myself when I think to myself that I like him, but I really do.

I believe in love at first sight for sure, and me changing my view on him yesterday definitely shifted everything. My back ached, and there I stayed. It took a lot out of my body physically, but within a minute I had been face to face with him. I smiled, kissing his forehead before returning to my bed. This has to have been the first time I've seen him asleep. Though, I can't lie. He works a lot, harsh hours, hard work. I have seen him nod off for a few minutes once in a while.

An hour passed as Adler began to stir. My attention turned to him as the news had become boring and I ate the rest of my breakfast. The doctor checked up on me, and since then nobody has come in.
"Russell?" I whispered.
"Hmmm.." He mumbled as he sat up quickly.
"Slow down!" I whisper yelled. My hands flew up in caution.
He winced, slowly sliding down to a seated position.
"That's why I said that.."
"Yeah I-.."
We looked up at the nurse in the doorway that had been here previously.
I scuffed under my breath, crossing my arms.

"I'll take that." She smiled while grabbing my dishes and putting them into a tray. "What would you like for breakfast? Oatmeal and fruit with orange juice like your friend here had?" The nurse slowly swayed back and forth, batting her eyelashes slowly. Adler looked back and forth between us and nodded slowly.
"Sure.." He replied rubbing his eyes.
"Okay, sweetheart. Comin' up." She left the room, closing the door.
I turned my head to the other side as he turned to look at me.

"What's wrong?" He whispered.
"Nothing." I replied with a pout.
"Oh, come on. I'm not stupid." He turned off my TV with a remote.
I turned back to him to get my remote, but he yanked it from the table between us instead. My pouty face was visible, and he knew something was wrong. "Are you really that upset that I turned your TV off? Is it because I woke up late? I-"
"No!" I cut him off.
"Can't you see?" I sighed.
"That nurse has the hots for you, Mr. Military man." I scoffed at him, rolling my eyes.
"Back to square one?" He frowned lightly.
"No, I just.. I'm sorry, I'm just not in a good mood." My arms fell from my chest.
"Come over here." He ordered.
"But I-"
"It isn't a request." I turned to him, and he pointed to his bedside.