Chapter 22

MUKTA

'Mukta...Can you please take a look' Meher asked me and I nodded walking towards the terrace garden. I had an instant smile on my lips looking at the way our 2 months of hardwork had shaped up. If anyone could tell we would be able to set up something like this 2 months back the day I joined Nayak's I would have laughed it off. But this indeed looked heavenly.

We had every variety of rare wild flower smiling in the garden. It wasn't those fancy gardens where there were two plants for formality and the rest of it decorated for showing off. We had plans of utilising evey inch of the terrace space and I was glad after weeks of planning and months of hardwork, it looked exactly... infact even better than what we thought of.

'Happy now???' Kalindi asked and I pulled her into a small hug saying 'Very'. I had earned a great team and a wonderful friend in Kalindi since last 2 months. She would always make me feel home. Not just by feeding me those delicious Rasgullas every time her mother prepared them but also by standing as my strongest supporter. She helped me cope up with this work culture and environment. It is fun to have a Bengali friend who speaks fluent local languages may it be Tulu or Kannada while being with the Nayak's I have tackled to understand broken Konkani. It's honestly Marathi's cousin brother just with a extra sing in addition.

'Well you know what I think we must call up O.K and show it to him' Kalindi insisted and I stopped her quickly.

'No Kalindi please...He has not sleep since a week. And anyways you can't wake him up with a phone call, That beast sleeps like a dead body. He has been busy due to the new clients, he slept quite late last night...let him sleep' I said while Meher chuckled and moved away. Kalindi pressed her lips thin trying to hide that laugh and I rolled my eyes. But then she burst out laughing. I huffed and gave her a 'You are impossible!!!' look and went to check if the swing was installed properly or not.

'Dont worry Madam, 100 percent teak wood, strong and can handle upto 200kgs of weight easily.' she taunted and I looked at her saying 'Shutup!!! It's just that he and Rudra Dada used to swing in childhood days but that one broke because of the big baby that he grew up to become, so I wanted a stronger swing' I said and she looked at me and smiled saying

'Ofcourse Babes ...I didn't say that you and he on this swing...I mean you know ahhhemmmmm'
And my eyes popped out and I hit her shoulder.

'By the way when are you guys making it official?' Kalindi asked and I was shocked for a brief minute then I added...
'Kalindi I have already told you, there is nothing between me and him...we are just colleagues and friends and his paying guest now that too because a month ago I wanted to leave Nayak's but that Tsunami of a girl 'Mrs Prarthana Rudra Nayak' created a whole drama wrapping up the entire family into it manipulating me to stay. When I objected Omkar's mother Gauri Aunty came up with this idea of staying there as their paying guest. So please!!!' saying I looked elsewhere
..

'Welllll and you think Nayak's needed to keep you as a paying guest??? Really??? Please Mukta ..we all can see your bond with O.K'

'Tchhh...Noooo...my bond is not just with Omkar...it's with everyone in that house. They make me feel like family Kalindi. Knowingly unknowingly God has blessed me with this beautiful family. Damodar Uncle and Gauri Aunty treat me just like a daughter, Prarthana loves me like a elder sister and I see a elder brother in Rudra Dada' I said while Kalindi smiled and asked...

'And O.K???' while my heart skipped a beat.

'He is a sweet friend!!!' I added and watered a few roses.

While Kalindi spoke up...

'Hmmmm sweet and friend... nice!!! A friend who always needs you and me in a meeting room while discussing the project with Manisha and avoids her glue like behaviour...I mean he even denied to be her date for the Navratri Dandiya event' she said and I was shocked.