Chapter 23

MUKTA

'What kind of an unprofessional behavior was that???' he asked while I was still looking at my plate. I was trying to hide my tears. I didn't want him or anyone to think I was weak. Because I am not.

'It was her O.K Sir...I was just sitting and having a good time with my friends, it's she who got up came to me and began lecturing me. I don't know why she felt offended. I just said a few things generally' she said while this time I lifted my eyes up and shot her one glare.

Probably Omkar noticed my teary eyes and cleared his throat saying...
'Well I think I don't pay you to sit and have a good time in this office Miss Amrutha...' he said while I gulped my saliva trying to hold up by not trying to break down.

'But Omkar...what about her??? I will go to HR...she better apologize to me...' she said while I wanted to back answer her but Omkar said at once...
'Miss Joshi... apologize to Miss Amrutha' and I was shocked.

'But Omkar'

'Sir!!! Omkar Sir Miss Joshi!!! We are not buddies here!!! I'm your boss!!! ' he said and my tears were resurfacing. I blinked multiple times trying to control myself but then I cleared my throat and said...
'Fineee...Sssir!!! But Sir she also tried to'

'Thats enough Miss Joshi!!! She said something, you behaved a certain way, it's one all for you both in lunging at each other but both you ladies please understand...this is my office...to add on this is our cafeteria. Foreign clients are brought here by various department heads and I don't want two girls trying to tear each other's hair apart...so it's simple... apologize to each other and get off with it!!!' to which Amrutha said...

'But O.K Sir....why should I'

'Miss Amrutha...I don't care who started it but you both were involved in this. Either let this matter blow out of proportion and be suspended during that time of the year when annual compensation is revised and get that impacted or simple apologize and let go!!!' he said and she nodded saying...

'Fine...Sorry!!!'

But I didn't want to apologise to her and I spoke up...'I won't apologize to her!!!' and Omkar shot me a look saying...
'Miss Joshi'

'No Sir please...I don't care even if I loose my job this isn't acceptable. She can't speak about my character and walk off!!!' I said and this time Omkar looked at Amrutha saying...

'I didn't mention her!!! She assumed!!!' and Omkar looked at me saying...

'Did she mention your name Miss Joshi?' and I had no answer

'Apologize!!! NOW' he said and a big fat tear fell from my eye while I muttered 'I am sorry' and left from there.

Chuck it!!! Let him eat the idlis with that Miss Congeniality!!!

I was making a report while I got a call from him...
'In my cabin with today's report...in 5' and I was gritting my teeth. I clenched my jaws and instead I sent him an e-mail. I was pissed and I definitely didn't want to see him now!!!

Again the phone rang, I picked while be said 'I want you here in person NOW!!!' and I was pissed...
'I have already emailed you everything...I will ask Kalindi to present you with the reports...I am busy!!!' saying I dropped the phone call. I was in no mood to discuss with this man who never had the patience to listen or understand me.

I was discussing the reports with Kalindi explaining her to go and help him with the same while I saw Kalindi's eyes grew wide and I saw she was seeing something behind me. I turned around to meet the most handsome face whom right now I wanted to smash into pulp!!!