Chapter 7

Isabella Rose

I step out of the shower and walk into my room, taking out some clothes from my bag. Valentino sent some men to collect my belongings from my apartment, which was barely nothing and literally fitted in just one small bag.

After wearing joggers and a hoodie, I begin to comb my wet hair, as I think about everything that's happened.

After I told Valentino I was going to help him, he ordered Vincent, who I learnt was also his friend, to escort me to my new room, and even sent some maids to help me.

I was so glad that he chose to not kill me, and even happier that I was finally getting some protection. Maybe life was finally starting to get better for me.

That's if I focus on just myself and my own happiness. I have to continue being selfish in order to stay alive.

My thoughts were interrupted as a knock sounds on the door. I open it revealing Vincent.

"Hey, I hope the room is fine for you?" He asks. "It's perfect. Better than any other bedroom I've ever had" I smile.

I wasn't lying. The room I was given was extremely big, including a bathroom, a large comfortable bed, a closet which was currently empty but very spacious and even a tv. I never expected Valentino to allow an enemy to have such luxury. Maybe he isn't as ruthless as eveyone makes him out to be.

"Well I'm glad you like it. Definitely something you deserve after having such a harsh past" Vincent says softly. I go quiet not knowing what to say. Luckily, he changes the topic.

"I'm sure you must be hungry, dinner is being served now so let's go" he says smiling. "Wait. I don't think Valentino will like that. Maybe his family won't want me there too" I quickly say, feeling a bit out of place.

"Relax. It's just going to be me, you, Valentino and his brother, Lorenzo. Lorenzo will love you and Valentino won't mind so don't worry" he says trying to reassure me. I doubt Valentino won't mind me being there, but nevertheless I follow Vincent.

As he leads me through the mansion, I take in the beauty of the interior. From the beautiful dangling chandeliers to the golden plated furniture. I think about how cool it would be to grow up here. It must be nice never having to worry about money.

Flashback
10 years ago

I step into my compact house, trying to avoid stepping on the pieces of glass. When will they stop drinking?

"Mum? Dave?" I call out as I walk into the living room. "Hi honey. How was school?" My mum asks, sitting on the sofa. "It was great but I need some money" I reply.

"Money for what" Dave says walking in with an alcohol bottle in his hand. "The school has arranged a trip to an art gallery, and I would really like to go" I say with pleading eyes.

"What a waste of time" he mumbles under his breath. I ignore him and turn to my mother. She knows how much I value art, surely she'll let me go.

"Mum?" I say, still waiting for an answer. "Honey, your dad is right-" she begins before I interrupt her.