chapt 6 • Definitions

During my second week at the academy, I've learned that not only was Carter Rivers the Dean to this religious academy/ university

During my second week at the academy, I've learned that not only was Carter Rivers the Dean to this religious academy/ university. He was also a pastor who devoted his life to God, his father was the Dean before when Carter attended here.

I was stuck, sitting in yet another tiring and boring prayer lecture. The man in the long, black clothing stood behind a podium with a bible in hand along with a black cross necklace in his grasp.

Pastor Sawyer was the academy's personal pastor, a dear friend of Carter's who spoke nothing about how we've let the sins of world consume our purest minds and bodies.

Truthfully everything about it was complete and utter bullshit to me. They were forcing a way of belief down our throats, blaming us for events in our lives we have no control over and call it a sin for not being the perfect children they've dreamt of us being.

Luckily, the only thing about this lecture was that I sat in the perfect vision of Alessio.

While everyone else, including him. Listened to the Pastor run on and on about how important it is to ask for forgiveness, the pen I was supposed to be using to write down the key points in the prayer was only being spun around my finger before I placed it to my lips.

Everyone's eyes were closed, as well as Alessio's. From here I had the sight of his side profile and shit it was a breath taking sight, his jaw was perfectly sharp. The peak of a silver chain which held a cross to it was teasing me to no end.

I watched his lips repeat the prayer in a whisper, underneath the desk. My legs pressed together, my grip on the pen grew tighter.

While he was praying for a long and hopeful life, I was praying that my lips would soon find their way against the side of his neck. While the cross of the necklace displayed on his neck, I was using my lips to write sins down his unmarked skin.

Then I paused in my thoughts.

How did I know Alessio was unmarked?

There was an easy answer to the question, knowing Carter he would have only taught Alessio the good in the world. Not once has he done anything bad, of course he was forced to study here not because he's done something that his parents would call unspeakable. It was because Carter wanted his son to be sheltered from the bad in the world.

Besides, since I've been here. I've come to notice that Alessio doesn't have the time of day to notice the gawks and flirtatious stares he receives on the daily. He was completely oblivious to it all.

There it was again, almost like at the snap of anyone's fingers. I felt the urge to touch myself, the urge to change Carter's holy son to a devil behind glasses.

Almost being startled by a tap on my shoulder, Charolette seemed to take me out of my head.

"Honey? Are you okay?" I look down to the book that I didn't notice I was now gripping. I let my grip relax, with a short nod of reassurance. Charolette went back to her small prayers.