18

Chapter 18 – Love or Obsession

Iris was pacing in the room.

She wanted to talk to them about meeting Flint, but she was scared to talk to them. But she was worried about her friend even more.

Deep breaths, Iris deep breaths, she said to herself. Gathering all her courage, she walked out of her room. Iris turned back to her room. In frustration, she ran her hands through her wild curls.

She forced herself once again to get out of the room. The brothers have told her they could find her anytime in the office during the day.

They frightened Iris. They never once raised their voice against them, nor their hands. But they sure had left bruises. The first day she was 'brought into the castle and Jasper had pinned her on the bed and uttered a blunt threat. It still bought goosebumps on her arms thinking about it.

The next time Elias had pushed her back towards the shelf, her back hurt. Both of the time, they were angry at her. But something told her to obey them now or she would face worse. They had brought her against her will and had even kept her friend as a hostage, and no inquiry was being made. It was enough to prove how powerful they were.

It made her stomach churn. They were too powerful. Their words were correct. She can try to run, but she will never succeed. They would always bring her back; they were influential enough. Neither had she had the guts to go against them.

The dungeons, Flint's screams, their threats, everything haunted her. She had started having nightmares. She blamed herself every day that her friend was suffering because of her. Guilt was eating her.

*knock* *knock*

The door dinged as it automatically opened. "Come in."

Jasper looked surprised to see Iris standing in front of the door

Jasper looked surprised to see Iris standing in front of the door. She looked like a beautiful doll in a fresh soft dress. It was the first time she came to them, and she mostly avoided them. It was them who were approaching her, always.

He felt pleasant. "Come," he motioned her to move forward. Elias controlled the urge to roll his eyes at his brother's word, he wondered if Iris noticed how suggestive and coy Jasper sounded. Yet he liked it when Iris followed his words.

 Yet he liked it when Iris followed his words