20

Taking determined steps towards the room, I think over everything which I would do or say to make my plan work but I have to try before I get stuck here without seeing any human for life.

Halting my steps infront of the dreaded office of Rudolf, I took a deep breath and raised my fist. But before I could knock, the door opened itself.

Well not itself rather by someone with heightened hearing senses. I thought with jealousy as I narrowed my eyes on him.

"Oh why.. how had I gotten this pleasure of you visiting me with such love in your eyes, Dove?" Rudolf asks with a grin.

Narrowing my eyes, I step forward before putting my hand on his chest to push him away while momentarily ignoring the tingles from the touch.

"Yes you can come in.." I heard him say from behind before he closed the door.

I turn around to face him and cross my arms.

"I need to go back home." There I said it. His face turns serious but I didn't miss a fleeting look of hurt in his eyes before it's covered.

"No, you don't." I sigh at his response.

I knew very well, arguing won't take me anywhere with him so I decided whether to say what I had initially planned or not.

It's time to seal the deal with the devil...

"I will come back." I offer. He raises an eyebrow at me which tells me he is not buying it.

"Alright why don't you come with me?" That seems to get his attention as I notice a slight movement in his ears, reminding me of a dog twitching it's ears.

"Why would I do that?" He asks as he makes his way towards me, stopping a feet away.

"I know you are very well aware of who I am—." I continue but noticing the change in his posture as he straightens I know he is well aware of everything..

"- it won't take long before the hunt will start. Everyone will look for me. There will be police, detectives, and even underground fighters who will search and it won't take long before they find this spot of yours." He narrows his eyes on me but didn't stop me which gives me confident to continue.

"And you can turn down one of them, two of them but then there will be much larger group. Do you think this place you are trying to protect so hard will remain protected if they find out?" I smirk as I take a step closer to him, knowing I'm getting under skin by the way he tilt his head.

"So what's better for you is to come with me, I have to settle some things at home.. and somewhere else so run along with me before things go out of hands." I finished, satisfied.

He takes a deep breath and looks around as if thinking. Turning his face back to me, he opens his mouth to retort-

"No, sir. We can't call because it will take less than 10 minutes in tracking your location down and believe me when I say it can happen because it will happen. Wanna try out?" I cut him off, leaning towards his face with a challenge.

His eyes roam on my face before settling on my lips. I can see wheel turning inside his head as he contemplates on whether I'm lying or not.

After few seconds, he sighs deeply, looking up at the ceiling with closed eyes. I smile knowing, this ball is in my court. I took a step back with a satisfied smile.

"Alright it's settled then! We will go back right now!" I exclaimed, making my way towards the door before a hand grips my arm pulling me back.

I hiss, "what have I told you about grabbing me?" I hold his wrist tightly as I give him a blank stare.