49 | bittersweet

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 49
BITTERSWEET
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 49⸻ BITTERSWEET ┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

T A E H Y U N G' S  P O V

"HONEY, CAN I ASK YOU SOMETHING?"

We were basking in each other's warmth in silence as moonlight radiated upon us on the balcony of our bedroom. Her fingers softly wander across my hair, twirling and playing with my brown curls that slowly brings me into drowsiness.

With a blanket wrapped around our bodies, I lift and pull it further upwards. "Hmm?"

"When did you start having feelings for me?" she finally speaks up.

I raise an eyebrow in suspicion to her sudden question as I turn to her. "Why do you ask?"

She lets out a breath, shrugging. "Nothing, just curious,"

"Why? Do you want to know if I fell for you at first sight?" I tease with a smirk twitching against my lips.

"Tch— of course, not!" she stammers, her cheeks blushing. "Never mind, forget I asked anything,"

I laugh, kissing her cheek as I find her extremely adorable. "I was joking, darling,"

She rolls her eyes and scoots away sulkily. I continue to laugh and cross my arms around her waistline tightly, immediately missing her lavender scent and warmth.

"Don't be mad, hmm?" I prop my chin on her chest and look up, battling my lashes.

"Baby," I call her but she ignores and glances up to the sky with a frown.

"Mia,"

"Hello, my dearest wife? Do you hear me?" And still, no responses.

I jut my lips out into a pouty face until a sneaky idea comes into mind. With a smirk, I gently cup her jaw, pecking her lips in a heartbeat.

She turns to me, bewildered with her cheeks flushing red. I continue to pepper kisses all across her face and tickle her sides, resulting her to chortle which makes me smile in triumph.

"I love you," I whisper, almost quiet and soft. "You don't know how much I'm in love with you. God, I couldn't imagine a life without you. Even just saying it makes it terrifying,"