chapter twenty six.

Third Person POV:

One hour ago...

"One more dirty look from those French bastards and I'm going to start shooting."

Jonathan laughed as Leonid seethed in anger beside him. Jonathan, Leonid, Vincent and Xavier were all seated at their table with the heirs, minus Reese, sitting directly beside them. The seven mafia men were casually drinking as they waited for the Donnas and Reese to return to the tables.

"You can't shoot them, you don't have a gun." Jonathon reminded.

"Of course I don't have a gun dumbass, no one does. Did you forget all the security we had to go through in order to get in here? I was simply just envisioning what I would do if I had a gun." Leonid countered.

Jonathon took a slow sip of his scotch. "I have a gun."

Leonid, Vincent and Xavier paused their drinking and snapped their heads towards the unbothered American Don. "Excuse me?" Vincent questioned.

"I have a gun." Jonathon repeated himself but this time he slowly enunciated his words as if his pronunciation would help the three other Dons come to terms with the absurdity of his statement.

There was a moment of silence before his statement registered in their minds.

"How the hell did you manage to get a gun inside this place!?" Xavier practically yelled.

Jonathan lowered his glass and glared at the Spanish Don. "Why don't you scream it a little louder Gonzales? I don't think the entire northern hemisphere heard you."

Xavier cringed as Leonid and Vincent laughed loudly. Jonathan shook his head incredulously and scanned his surroundings just to make sure no one heard what the Spanish Don belted out.

After Vincent sobered up from his amusement, he picked up where Xavier left off and continued to press Jonathon for information.

"Okay but seriously, how did you get a gun inside?"

The American Don shrugged."It's one of Reese's new prototypes, the gun goes undetected under any metal scanners. She needed to field test it so we thought why not try to bring the guns into the Ball? If we got caught then we would just apologize and hand them over until the end of the night, but unsurprisingly the guns slid through security no problem." Jonathon explained.

Leonid scowled. "Wow." He scoffed. "Armed yourself and didn't even think to let your friends know about it. Some friend you are Jonny."

Jonathan rolled his eyes at Leonid's aggravating nickname for him. "First of all asshole, we have the guns just as a precaution. Second of all, you didn't need to know about it, all of you are protected so there's nothing to worry about."

Vincent mock-gasped. "Oh I'm so protected. If someone shoots at me, I'm going to whip out my imaginary gun and shoot them... wait for it, wait for it." He paused dramatically. "With my mind." He gasped in sarcasm. "Thank you so much Jonny, I feel so safe now."

Jonathan slowly blinked at Vincent. The American Don looked like he wanted to smash his head into the table.

"You see, this is why you dipshits didn't get the guns."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Xavier raised an eyebrow upon hearing Jonathan's comment.

"It means we're armed." Eli smirked from the neighbouring table. "We got the guns."

Leonid immediately narrowed his eyes onto the heirs. "You three are armed with Reese's guns?" Eli, Raf and Simon nodded their heads smugly. Leonid's whole demeanour changed as he stared irritatedly at the smirking teenagers.