6│IT'S ABOUT TIME

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ɪᴛ's ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꒱

❝ I DO ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ 

Note: I thought this song went really well with Cory and Topanga's vibe so it seemed only fitting to include it in this chapter :)

Juliet flitted around Rachel, Angela and Mrs. Lawrence who were all working on Topanga as she took pictures with her Polaroid to commemorate such an important day. As she brushed her daughter's hair, Mrs. Lawrence sighed. "You're going to be a beautiful bride, Topanga."

"Thanks, mom. I just want everything to be so perfect for Cory," she said. "I love him so much. This whole day is just full of love!"

"I hate him!" Shawn exclaimed as he burst into the apartment with a shopping bag in hand. "He's a self-centered, whining, demanding, miserable little white boy."

He set the bag down on the kitchen counter and Juliet placed her Polaroid next to it so she could grasp his arm. "What happened, honey?"

He calmed at the surprise endearment and his expression softened slightly as he met her eyes. Unfortunately, his irritation quickly returned as he remembered the events that had happened not so long ago. "'Get the tuxedos, pumice my toes, tie the cans to the car!' I'm his best man, not his hamster!"

"But you got the tuxedos, right?" Topanga asked.

"You two deserve each other," he grumbled. He sank down onto the couch.

The redhead sent him a concerned look and joined him before she gently took his hand in hers. "Um, Shawnie, what's really bothering you?"

"Cory is really bothering me! I don't know what I ever saw in him."

"Shawn. . ." Topanga began as she walked over to him. There was obviously forced patience in her tone. "See, this is my wedding day and I would really appreciate it if there wasn't any tension," she finished. She carefully pet his hair with soothing motions.

"I don't care," he retorted. "If somebody abuses me, I lash out."

"Nobody is abusing anybody!" the blonde replied brightly. Her hand wrapped around the boy's throat to bring him to a standing position. "This is my wedding day. How dare you?"

As his back hit the door, he let out a pained sound. "Ah. Could somebody help me out here, please?"

"No, see, the best man cannot hate the groom. No, you're gonna ruin my wedding pictures," Topanga said as she hit his head against the door with each word.

Juliet leapt up from the couch and hurried over to her friend to place her hand on the blonde's wrist. "Topanga, you're killing him!"

"Dad! I'm comin' Dad!" Shawn gasped out.

Angela joined them and placed her hand on the girl's shoulder. "Topanga, if he dies then the best man is Eric."

"Then we don't want him to die," she realized.

"No, no we don't," the brunette agreed.

She finally allowed the boy to sink to the ground as she asked him worriedly, "you okay? Okay. Good boy."

The redhead crouched down next to him and watched her boyfriend with genuine concern as he panted out: "they're both psycho."

"How can there be anything wrong between you and Cory? You love him more than I do!" Topanga insisted before she turned to her mother. "It's true, but I'm okay with it."