8│THE BEST-LAID PLANS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ-ʟᴀɪᴅ ᴘʟᴀɴs ꒱

EVEN THE BEST-LAID PLANS
SOMETIMES GO AWRY 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Cory and Topanga had both gotten jobs with the blonde, of course, having the better of the two. The curly-haired boy had become increasingly frustrated with how easily his wife could prove herself and it all came to a head in the Student Union. Juliet watched them uneasily as Rachel did so with interest. "Oh, look. How cute! They're having their first fight."

Topanga followed her husband towards the café. "Cory, I don't like that you can't talk to me about this."

"Topanga, look. I just. . . I don't want to say anything that I'm gonna regret, okay?"

"Do you think maybe we should leave?" Rachel asked Eric.

"No," he answered with his eyes glued to the couple. "I wanna see Topanga make Cory cry."

"I mean, Cory, whatever bug you have up your butt, why are you blaming it on me?"

"Topanga, if you're as smart as your A-streak says you are, you'd know just to leave me alone right now," Cory retorted as he picked up the coffee cup that waited for him.

"This is about my grades?"

The couples' argument had now drawn the attention of Shawn and Angela, who chimed in: "oh, this is not about your grades."

"Yes it is!" Cory exclaimed. "It's about how you shove your stupid grades in my face or how you get promoted or you sell one of my subscriptions."

"Wow," Topanga said sharply. "Well, I'm sorry I tried to help you with your little magazine project."

"It's not a project, okay? Sticker books are a project. This is my career!" he finished in a shout.

"Cory, come on," Shawn tried to reason with him. "It wasn't your career."

"Shut up!" The dark-haired boy yelped defensively as Cory continued: "look. My life is just as important as your life even if I don't do my life as good as you!"

"As well as you."

"What?"

"I was just saying that it's not as good as you. . ." the blonde corrected him sheepishly.

"Are you crazy, Topanga? Are you kidding me that you would say something like that right now?"

"Cory, this whole thing is crazy!"

"Yeah, it really is," Angela offered as she attempted to calm the couple down.

"Sit down!" Topanga barked at her and the brunette let out a yelp as well.

"Well, at least I'm not a hoity-toity photo assistant-kiss-Judy's-tushie!"

"Maybe I have to kiss Judy's tushie because you can't sell one stinking magazine!" Topanga yelled at him.

The curly-haired boy glowered at her. "What did you just say?"

"I just said that you haven't been doing that well. . ."

"No, no, no," Cory snapped. "That's not what you said! You said I'm a loser, Topanga! I know you said it because I heard it! I heard it from your big mouth!"