11│ACTS OF LOVE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚    ▎❛ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴀᴄᴛs ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ꒱

❝ I'D RATHER CHECK YOU OUT 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

There was still a slight chill to the air despite the change of the season, so Juliet kept her coat on as she followed the hostess out to the patio. Her mother and father were close behind in their own light jackets as they were brought to their table. She took a seat across from them and thanked the hostess when she was handed a menu before they were left alone.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Barron asked. "We'd be happy to take you out to lunch."

"I know," Juliet replied, "but I do have my own money now so I don't mind making it a special occasion." She pointed towards him threateningly. "Don't get used to it, though."

Daly gave her an amused look. "It certainly seems like a special occasion. We don't usually get to see you during the school week."

"Shawn and I have plans this weekend but I didn't want to miss seeing you guys," she explained. Not to mention life-changing decisions that she wanted to talk about.

"Well, in any case we're glad to see you," her father said.

They fell silent for the next few moments as they studied the lunch options. When their waitress appeared, they ordered their desired beverages. The older woman closed her menu. "Well, I know what I'm getting."

"What's that?" the dark-haired man prompted her.

"Tomato soup and grilled cheese. It's not quite warm enough where ordering soup is weird."

"Now I want to change my order," he joked. "That sounds great. I'm going to get the farmhouse green salad."

"I bet you can guess what I want," the redhead added. "I just wanted to check and see if they had it."

"Tuna melt?" Daly guessed. She smiled slightly at her daughter's nod.

"What plans did you have this weekend?" Barron asked, changing the subject.

"Oh, Shawn wanted to take me to that new club place. Um, the Blue something. I'm not looking forward to it. Everyone wears black there so it's like we're going to a lively funeral."

"Sounds fun," her father commented as he made a face that caused her to laugh.

"If you don't want to go why don't you just say so?" Daly suggested.

She shrugged. "It's the place to be and Shawn seemed excited when he first mentioned it so I didn't want to say no. I'm just hoping that we don't have to stay very long."

"You could always leave early," the red-haired woman offered.

"If it's bad I will," Juliet agreed.

They continued to catch up until their waitress returned to take their orders. Then they fell into a comfortable silence once she had left. Daly took occasional sips from her lemon water as they listened to the low murmur that came from the other café patrons. Juliet twirled her straw around in her glass as she kept her gaze on her empty plate.

The two letters were burning a hole in her pocket and she could have sworn that the envelope's edges were more pointy than usual. She had received the mail on Monday and had been too nervous to open it by herself once she'd read the sending address. Still, it was the easier of the two things to talk about.